New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Epson Printer, Vertical Lines???

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

GoldenValor

GoldenValor is on a distinguished road

These vertical bands keep showing up on my Epson printer, and no matter what I seem to do, nothing works. I've tried going through the Realignment process, but that never works, and I'm just using up my ink trying to figure out what's wrong. The model is a C64 Series (EPSON USB) whatever that stuff means. If anyone could help out...
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

How fast do you print? When you get ready to print you go into the advanced setting and slow down printing. At least that's what I have to do with Epson 2200. This allows the ink to dry before the rollers get to it. I wish I could tell you exactly where but I am not at the printer right now.
QUOTE Thanks
sursuciofla

Okay when you click print there is an option Copies & Pages...Click drop menu and go to Print Settings. On the pic I provided there is a High-Speed Setting, unclick that. Maybe it is the same on yours so just giving this a shot as this is what I have to do when I print.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 3.jpg (105.8 KB, 11 views)
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

There are a few things you can try to get rid of the banding you are experiencing.
You have already checked the alignment.
Next, make sure you uncheck the hi-speed print option like was already suggested.
Lastly, you might want to try running either an automated print head cleaning or as a very last resort, attempt to flush and clean the printheads yourself.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
GoldenValor

GoldenValor is on a distinguished road

Thank you Sursuciofla, that actually turned out Ok. I got the banding to stop, and I'm guessing that you should adjust the Quality/Speed thing so that you don't get a sorta fuzzy image if it's all the way down to Quality. Anyway, that's guys.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« eelbite | Problem with External HD »