New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Epson C45UX Printer driver for Mac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Cryssie

Cryssie is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

I just bought an Epson C45UX printer, as an upgrade from my trusty C43 that lasted me 3 years. Now, I haven't bought this from a shop, so I CANNOT RETURN IT.

The printer drivers are for Windows only, and it says on the box 'for Windows only'. I know Epson printers well enough to know that they are practically made for Mac...so how do I get it to talk to my computer? Is there another way I can get through this driver blockage (maybe through my old C43 driver?)

Any help would be appreciated, I need this printer to work for me ASAP! Returning it is not an option, and I am a stubborn ox - if someone tells me I cannot fix this issue, I will refuse to believe them, and i will move onto someone who can help me. So tell me what I want to hear!

Thanks in advance,
Cryssie :-)
QUOTE Thanks
Cryssie

Okay...I just thought of something...will I be able to operate the Windows driver through Virtual PC? I have the program, but if there's a chance that this will work, can someone please tell me how? I have never used VPC before, and I have no idea.

Thanks in advance,
Cryssie :-)
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

According to this article:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.h...5#epsondrivers

...you should be able to use the GIMP-print / Gutenberg print open source drivers.

Download and infos can be found here:

http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php3

I'm guessing that although your particular model isn't listed, either the C44UX or the C45 drivers will work.

Download & install the Gimp print drivers, go to printer utility and 'add new printer'. Make sure your printer is plugged, switched on and the device should be recognised. Then just follow the steps and it should work.
QUOTE Thanks
cazabam

cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

According to this apple support article, Tiger should come with the Epson gimp-print drivers for the C45 already installed.
QUOTE Thanks
Cryssie

Thanks for your help guys, I'll give it a shot. Oh, and I'm a oddball who still runs 10.2.8, so the Tiger tip doesn't help me much, but thanks anyway! I'll let you know if it works :-)
QUOTE Thanks
Cryssie

GREAT!!!!!!

You are a genious Aptmunich! Worked first time...much appreciated! It's nice to know that my purchase was not a waste of money after all - now if I could figure out how to get it to set up the Printer Utility, I'd be set, but for the moment, I'm stoked it prints!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iTV | external mirrored raid hd encloser »