New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

EyeTV remote control: remap buttons?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

thendis

thendis is on a distinguished road

I bought an EyeTV 200 a while back and am using it on my iMac G5. I recently followed a tutorial to get Front Row running without a receiver.

Works great, but I can only use front row via keyboard shortcuts.

I already have an EyeTV 200 remote control , so I was wondering if there is an app out there that will allow me to remap the buttons so that they perform certain keystrokes (eg. the 'Select' button could be remapped to be Command+Esc to bring up Front Row).

I also have an Apple Remote that came with my MacBook Pro, so even better would be if there were a way to allow my iMac to recognise the remote through the EyeTV receiver.

ANy ideas welcome!
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

The latest version of EyeTV allows you to do all functions for EyeTV through a FrontRow menu using your laptops remote

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
thendis

That's what I thought initially, but according to Elgato's FAQ:

Quote:
On these newer Macs, EyeTV can also be controlled by the Apple Remote. Specifically, you can use the Apple Remote to call up EyeTV’s new Full Screen Menu...The Apple Remote only works with the Mac’s built in IR sensor and can not be used with IR Sensors on EyeTV devices.
So although you can use the Apple Remote to control EyeTV, it will only work if you have a built-in IR receiver

I just went to Twisted Melon's site. They are touting the Manta TR1 which enables you to use the apple remote with older Macs. This is a good backup plan, but it would be nice if I didnt have to buy new hardware, after all, I have everything I should need, it's just the software configuration that is stopping me.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

But there is no need to even use the EyeTV IR sensor. You can control everything through the Apple Remote so theres no point in even using the EyeTV 200 remote

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
thendis

yeah but I cant control anything using the Apple Remote because I bought my iMac G5 before front row, so it doesn't have an Apple IR sensor.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External Harddrive not found | Looking for a Good portable external HD »