Bluetooth Headphones on a Mac
    I've got a pair of stereo bluetooth headphones that I use for listening to music on my phone. I was wondering if I can use this to listen to music on itunes. My macbook pro recognizes the headphones (Motorola HT820) but I'm not sure how to get audio through them. Anyone have any suggestions?

yes, the same question, any one ?

Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    To use Bluetooth headphones, you need something called A2DP. Unfortunately, Tiger does not currently support this feature, so you can't use stereo headphones. However, Leopard will support A2DP, so you're going to have to wait until then to use those Bluetooth headphones with your Macbook Pro.

June 2007
    July 2009

I can't belive this. Is it the most advanced operating system in the world or what? I use my plantronics pulsar with my wm 2005 qtek 9000 since March 2006 but I can't use A2DP with my brand new 2007 iMac. huge disapointment. Please Apple, it's 2007.

Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    You have to remember the target audience for Bluetooth headphones aren't computer users but rather cell phone users since many A2DP devices also work as headsets to make phone calls. Most people who use desktops/laptops either have a set of speakers or headphones.

I'm sure A2DP is on the list of improvements for Leopard.

June 2007
    July 2009

I found a way to add A2DP audio to my Mac Mini

I purchased this Bluetooth audio transmitter and I could not be happier:
    Bluetooth Audio Transmitter Link

I can now listen to my iTunes library on my A2DP headset while I work out. The transmitter can also be used on any other 3.5mm line out jack (even though I haven't yet). The only drawback is that it doesn't allow for AVCRP control.

Quote Originally Posted by bogypop View Post
    I can't belive this. Is it the most advanced operating system in the world or what? I use my plantronics pulsar with my wm 2005 qtek 9000 since March 2006 but I can't use A2DP with my brand new 2007 iMac. huge disapointment. Please Apple, it's 2007.
    I am not sure of how bluetooth stacks work, but I am sure you will be able to do a simple software update shortly to support A2DP. Hang in there, rome wasn't built in a day. And yes you are still using the best commercial OS on the market.

go to system preferences and then to sounds, the input and output tabs should allow you to switch to the headset....also make sure you are not currently connected to you phone with the headset, or it will cause problems....do this by temporarily disabling bluetooth on your phone....happy headsetting!!!!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman7182 View Post
    go to system preferences and then to sounds, the input and output tabs should allow you to switch to the headset....also make sure you are not currently connected to you phone with the headset, or it will cause problems....do this by temporarily disabling bluetooth on your phone....happy headsetting!!!!!

Z
    Only one side works

Thread Information