New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Purchasing Apple Display really worth it?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

gitboxnat

Hi there,

Initially I wanted to get an Apple Studio 17" Display, but after reading a lot of negative reviews on it (especially on Apple.com Forums) I am kind of doubting I shoudl get it. A lot of the mac users on Apple.com were complaining about dimness, dead pixels, etc. There were lots of complaints, and the 20" also had complains just not as much as 17" Another problem is that Apple Displays cost SO MUCH! So, I want to be sure that purchasing an Apple Display is really worth it, or else I'll be so mad if it doesn't work.

What do you guys think? I'll like to hear from you.
Any feedback would be awesome.
QUOTE Thanks
Wapa18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitboxnat
Hi there,

Initially I wanted to get an Apple Studio 17" Display, but after reading a lot of negative reviews on it (especially on Apple.com Forums) I am kind of doubting I shoudl get it. A lot of the mac users on Apple.com were complaining about dimness, dead pixels, etc. There were lots of complaints, and the 20" also had complains just not as much as 17" Another problem is that Apple Displays cost SO MUCH! So, I want to be sure that purchasing an Apple Display is really worth it, or else I'll be so mad if it doesn't work.

What do you guys think? I'll like to hear from you.
Any feedback would be awesome.

i have the Apple 17" display. it works great, perfectly bright. i did have one problem with it when i got it, though. one of the backlighting lamps went out, so about a third of the screen was kind of dim, but it happened like 2 weeks after i got the thing, so it was still under the 90 day warranty. i just went to a local Apple reseller, and they shipped it to Apple for repairs. i got it back 4 days later, and it has worked absolutely perfectly since then. i'm pretty sure my problem was pretty rare, though. i have a few friends who have the same display, and they have never had any problems.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« old monitor problems | Cannot instiall OS/CDRW not operating »