New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

isight

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Adam

Adam will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4

Hi,

Anyone know why the isight isn't on the UK Apple store. Was gonna buy one but can't fnd it!

Cheers

Ad
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

The rumor is that a new iSight might be released on the 12th.. so that could be the reason
QUOTE Thanks
Adam

excellent - will wait til the 12th then ;-)
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

Do the rumors indicate what is new and exciting about the new iSight?

I currently have one, and have always wished the resolution was higher - megapixel vs. 640x480. Have you heard anything about this?

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

Nope not really there hasn't been much speculation at this point.
QUOTE Thanks
BigBear

BigBear has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: ibook G4 14in

funny you ask, i remember hearing something about this on a podcast.
this is taken from the show notes of Adam Christianson's MacCast

-in regards to the future of the iSight...
"Cannot be sold in the EU because it contains components that are on a list of banned substances for import
Directive on the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances (RoHS) adopted in 2003 and went into effect July 1st, 2006
Other "banned" products include, AirPort Extreme Base Stations (not Express), iPod shuffle External Battery Pack and the eMac."

my apple is bling *tisk tisk, you shouldn't have any bling.. just nice things*
QUOTE Thanks
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear
funny you ask, i remember hearing something about this on a podcast.
this is taken from the show notes of Adam Christianson's MacCast

-in regards to the future of the iSight...
"Cannot be sold in the EU because it contains components that are on a list of banned substances for import
Directive on the Restriction of the Use of Certain Hazardous Substances (RoHS) adopted in 2003 and went into effect July 1st, 2006
Other "banned" products include, AirPort Extreme Base Stations (not Express), iPod shuffle External Battery Pack and the eMac."
I read that after a bit of googling. Surely though they are going to address that in the new release?!
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future

OK, I am going to attempt to connect a few threads here. Apple is going to make a major product announcement on Tuesday that they say will change the face of home entertainment.

My speculation is that the announcement will involve iPod and Mac Mini updates. For the Mac Mini, it will be a DVR enabled Mac Mini, likely to be powered by a low end Merom chip. I further speculate that this will be coupled with a wireless enabled iPod which can stream music and video over the air to the Mac Mini, for playback on your stereo/TV depending on the media type.

Some of this makes great sense. With the new iMacs out, the Mini has to be getting a refresh soon. People have been clamoring forever it seems to add DVR capability to the Mac Mini, turning it into a bit of a home entertainment hub. Finally, Microsoft is about to come out with their Zune player, which is being positioned directly against the iPod, and which features wireless capabilities.

Take all that, couple it with Apple's "change the face of home entertainment" comment, and you can draw the conclusion I speculate on above. There may be other explanations as well, but this one is a good one IMHO.

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac57
OK, I am going to attempt to connect a few threads here. Apple is going to make a major product announcement on Tuesday that they say will change the face of home entertainment.

My speculation is that the announcement will involve iPod and Mac Mini updates. For the Mac Mini, it will be a DVR enabled Mac Mini, likely to be powered by a low end Merom chip. I further speculate that this will be coupled with a wireless enabled iPod which can stream music and video over the air to the Mac Mini, for playback on your stereo/TV depending on the media type.

Some of this makes great sense. With the new iMacs out, the Mini has to be getting a refresh soon. People have been clamoring forever it seems to add DVR capability to the Mac Mini, turning it into a bit of a home entertainment hub. Finally, Microsoft is about to come out with their Zune player, which is being positioned directly against the iPod, and which features wireless capabilities.

Take all that, couple it with Apple's "change the face of home entertainment" comment, and you can draw the conclusion I speculate on above. There may be other explanations as well, but this one is a good one IMHO.
You didn't directly refer to the iSight which is what this thread is about. I do not think they will be adding an iSight in the mac mini, in any way. I do think that they will release an iSight with different materials that are not aggainst the uk's new regulation.

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
pbook24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac57

you must not be very smart. apple updated the mini on wednesday, they wouldnt then update it again 6 days later.
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbook24
you must not be very smart. apple updated the mini on wednesday, they wouldnt then update it again 6 days later.
I completely forgot they did that. I don't even know what they updated. I haven't looked.

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks
pbook24

i was referring more to mac57 who has been posting his "theory" all over the boards and he doesn't know what hes talking about
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

Folks, no need to attack. You are right, I did not know that the mini had been upgraded, so I am guilty of not being completely current. The rest is hopeful thinking on my behalf. No need to be nasty about it. Yes I was wrong.

QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbook24
i was referring more to mac57 who has been posting his "theory" all over the boards and he doesn't know what hes talking about
I know.

Mac57, don't worry about it, I was not attacking you in any way, and I am sure pbook24 feels the same way. We thank you for your information, and thank you for your theory, if sounded good until I found out that the mac mini's were already updated.

My Website
Blog
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« hooking up amp | Lacie Horrors »