need a new pda any ideas
    So I couldn't get PocketMac to work and in the end i figured out that the bluetooth card on my iPaq 4155 was broken. Thanks to AmEx extra coverage i get cash for it.

Anyway, I am in the market for a new unit. I just got the V3c in march, however it died so I'll be making a trip to Verizon tomorrow. I would be open to a smart phone but don't want to pay full retail. If Verizon has to replace my phone do you think they would let me upgrade to a smartphone since i would be buying a data plan?

If I stick with the pda only unit should I switch to palm does anyone else use PocketMac how well does it work?

Anyway, I am just looking for any ideas.

thanks

Specs:
    MacBook
    NOTE: Moved thread to proper forum

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
    Quote Originally Posted by climbguy
    If I stick with the pda only unit should I switch to palm does anyone else use PocketMac how well does it work?
    I was torn between the Palm LifeDrive (I think that's the one with the 4GB HDD) and the iPaq hx2495. I wound up getting the iPaq so I could run some specific Ham Radio applications on it along with ScummVM (for my favorite oldschool LucasArts games).

I picked up "The Missing Sync" for $40 from MarkSpace.com, and it works great. I sync up my address book/calender and files, it also syncs with Entourage.

I haven't had a problem with it at all.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
    Quote Originally Posted by IanCT
    I was torn between the Palm LifeDrive (I think that's the one with the 4GB HDD) and the iPaq hx2495. I wound up getting the iPaq so I could run some specific Ham Radio applications on it along with ScummVM (for my favorite oldschool LucasArts games).

I picked up "The Missing Sync" for $40 from MarkSpace.com, and it works great. I sync up my address book/calender and files, it also syncs with Entourage.

I haven't had a problem with it at all.
    Thanks, Missing Sync is exactly what i have been looking for to sync my Dell Axim X51v to my MacBook.

So, I am still shopping around. All the PDAs i can find have been out for a long time (1 year+). At this point I am leaning towards the Z22 but with no sd slot i might have to rule it out.

I don't mind paying for something new. I am looking at getting a treo 650 on ebay and just using it as a cell/pda w/o a data service.

Thread Information