New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

need a new pda any ideas

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

climbguy

climbguy is an unknown at this point

So I couldn't get PocketMac to work and in the end i figured out that the bluetooth card on my iPaq 4155 was broken. Thanks to AmEx extra coverage i get cash for it.

Anyway, I am in the market for a new unit. I just got the V3c in march, however it died so I'll be making a trip to Verizon tomorrow. I would be open to a smart phone but don't want to pay full retail. If Verizon has to replace my phone do you think they would let me upgrade to a smartphone since i would be buying a data plan?

If I stick with the pda only unit should I switch to palm does anyone else use PocketMac how well does it work?

Anyway, I am just looking for any ideas.

thanks
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

NOTE: Moved thread to proper forum

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
IanCT

IanCT will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by climbguy
If I stick with the pda only unit should I switch to palm does anyone else use PocketMac how well does it work?
I was torn between the Palm LifeDrive (I think that's the one with the 4GB HDD) and the iPaq hx2495. I wound up getting the iPaq so I could run some specific Ham Radio applications on it along with ScummVM (for my favorite oldschool LucasArts games).

I picked up "The Missing Sync" for $40 from MarkSpace.com, and it works great. I sync up my address book/calender and files, it also syncs with Entourage.

I haven't had a problem with it at all.
QUOTE Thanks
Noxian

Noxian is a jewel in the roughNoxian is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanCT
I was torn between the Palm LifeDrive (I think that's the one with the 4GB HDD) and the iPaq hx2495. I wound up getting the iPaq so I could run some specific Ham Radio applications on it along with ScummVM (for my favorite oldschool LucasArts games).

I picked up "The Missing Sync" for $40 from MarkSpace.com, and it works great. I sync up my address book/calender and files, it also syncs with Entourage.

I haven't had a problem with it at all.
Thanks, Missing Sync is exactly what i have been looking for to sync my Dell Axim X51v to my MacBook.
QUOTE Thanks
climbguy

climbguy is an unknown at this point

So, I am still shopping around. All the PDAs i can find have been out for a long time (1 year+). At this point I am leaning towards the Z22 but with no sd slot i might have to rule it out.

I don't mind paying for something new. I am looking at getting a treo 650 on ebay and just using it as a cell/pda w/o a data service.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Lacie HD help | hearing rumors about displays »