New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

WD 320GB external hd...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

unplugged

unplugged will become famous soon enough

I had a WD SATA II /16MB Cache HD in my linux file server. I decided to take one drive out (had 5), now 4 - and connect it to my MacBook. The drive is formated for Linux - Reiser partition.. Does the format have anything to do with not seeing the drive at all? I know the drive works because I just took it out, and if I connect it back into the linux machine using the USB connection it works in the external enclosure.

So why would the MacBook not be seeing it? Drive too big? I know Apple sells 320 and 500GB Lacie drives (firewire) so I can't see mine being a problem. I also know the external enclosure works because I once had an 80gb drive in there but I needed more space.

any help would be appreciated

MacBook Pro - 2.33Ghz, 2GB, SuperDrive, OS X 10.4.10
http://web.mac.com/mhadjar/
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Is it showing up in Disk Utility?

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
unplugged

nope, not showing up anywhere...

QUOTE Thanks
unplugged

I logged into terminal and checked under the folder 'Volumes' and it only lists my internal drive..nothing else.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Printer for mac.. | Please Help! (external hard drive / itunes) »