New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Can anybody recommend a good COMFORTABLE mouse?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jleef

jleef is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook 1.83 2GB RAM, 5G iPod 30GB

Hi all, a recent macbook buyer, very happy with my purchase so far but have a hardware related question.

I suffer from occasional wrist pain, partly due to computer use and partly due to guitar playing, trying to eliminate symptoms as much as possible now by finding a good comfortable, ergonomic mouse.

Have been through several cordless models recently and none are ideal. I don't have particularly large hands but I do have long fingers, therefore a larger bodied mouse would suit me better. In an ideal world it'd be wireless and run off bluetooth (and with a dongle included in the box!) so I can pair it up to my macbook as well as running it on my PC at home.

Does anybody have any suggestions? :doctor:
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

There are a plethora of threads about this very question.
Try giving the search feature a shot and you will find them.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
surfwax95

surfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud ofsurfwax95 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" Powerbook G4 24" iMac iPhone 3Gs

Logitech MX1000.

...and search.

I try to Command+Shift+/ when I can.
They're - Their - There | Two - Too - To | You're - Your | MAC - Mac
I was on the M-F honor roll for October, 2006.
QUOTE Thanks
jleef

jleef is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MacBook 1.83 2GB RAM, 5G iPod 30GB

Thanks guys, will look into the MX1000.

However, I should add that I had already searched for information (I'm not ignorant to internet forum etiquette ) and, although a lot of topics for mice were displayed, most were regarding the mighty mouse (which wouldn't suit me) and none seemed to be directly relevant to what I'm looking for i.e. a larger bodied mouse to provide comfort and minimise wrist strain, rather than just any old mouse or something that would be good for gaming.
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

I got into the Logitech Marble Mouse trackball a few years ago.

Awesome thing.
QUOTE Thanks
macpwns

macpwns has a spectacular aura about

Ive had the Wireless Microsoft Optical Mouse 2.0 for a while now, and ive had nothing but excellent use from it. It has the horizontal scrolling which works EXCELLENT for wide web pages, and with the extra software it comes with, much like the mightymouse, it gives you the option to use the scroll wheel as a button for activating things like the dashboard, expose, or even gives you the option to use the button as the app changer. Battery life is awesome...i wouldnt be able to give you an estimate on batterylife, but i can tell you its pretty good. The mouse had a nice form and fits well in my hand. VERY highly recommended.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External HDD questions | FW400 and FW800 »