New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Apple Universal Dock & 2 iPods?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

randomfactor

randomfactor is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet

I'm thinking about getting the Apple Universal Dock as I have the cables, remote and mains charger already. I have two iPods the iPod Video 30Gb and the Photo 20Gb will I be able to dock both of these on the same dock, as I remember hearing something about previous iPod docks where it was very difficult to change the plates/adapter to fit different iPods. Also I have heard there are a few problems with the remote and the menu button when used with older iPods. Anyone who has one could they let me know what it's like.

Cheers

Man Fears Time but Time Fears the Pyramids
QUOTE Thanks
thefactx

thefactx is on a distinguished road

i hav two ipods exactly like urs...the adapters r easy to change but ur hav to buy the adapter for ipod video separately...im using the remote from my MBP and the menu button doesnt work and the volume button will increase the volume but doesnt show on ur ipod
QUOTE Thanks
randomfactor

randomfactor is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefactx
i hav two ipods exactly like urs...the adapters r easy to change but ur hav to buy the adapter for ipod video separately...im using the remote from my MBP and the menu button doesnt work and the volume button will increase the volume but doesnt show on ur ipod
cheers for the info.

Man Fears Time but Time Fears the Pyramids
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« New to Macs (totally) | external harddrive »