New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Problem Mounting FAT 16 CF card

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

minestar

I've recently given up on mounting my 1gb CF card. I use it to load pictures from my Digital Camera (Nikon Coolpix 950 *Ancient). I don't have a cable to connect to my MacBook + I'm not willing to pay money on third-party softwares. Does anyone know if there's any freeware out there? (*i just busted a rhyme.... may be not) I don't want to give up on my old trust worthy digital camera, but i've searched far and wide and found nothing for it.

I'll appreciate any feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

I don't know of anything free, but for a very small sum, you can get one of those "all in one" external card readers that read CF, SD, Memory stick etc. I use one of these on an equally old 384K CF card that is in an old Minolta Dimage 7i, which I still shoot with now and then. Works great. These readers can be had for anywhere from $12.00 on up at Best Buy. Is your old Coolpix worth $12.00? I hope so!

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External DVD Burner | External Hard Drives »