New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

How do I put tv on my second computer screen

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ihearty67stang

I recently bought the Elgato Eyetv 250 and have a new Intel iMac and was wondering if I had a second LCD monitor how would I watch tv full screen on the second screen so I can use the computer with the tv on the second screen or would that be possible
QUOTE Thanks
Rob

Yes.
I don't know what a Elgato Eyetv 250 is, but I am guessing it is a TV turner.

Just take the open program and drag it over to your other screen that maximize it, should work fine.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Just tried it out with my Plextor (Basically an EyeTV 250 without the Gaming mode and 100 bucks cheaper).

You will need to download Dr. Bott's Screen Spanning hack since the iMac doesn't natively support spanning. Other then that it works very easily

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
MacGuy18

MacGuy18 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 20" iMac G5 2.0Ghz 1GB || MBP 2.0GhzCDuo 2GB || TV || iPhone || Airport Extreme

Doesn't downloading dr. bott's screen spanning hack void the warranty?
QUOTE Thanks
DCraver

DCraver is a jewel in the roughDCraver is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac G5

No. And I never installed it since a reinstall and I can screen span. >=O
QUOTE Thanks
ihearty67stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41
Just tried it out with my Plextor (Basically an EyeTV 250 without the Gaming mode and 100 bucks cheaper).

You will need to download Dr. Bott's Screen Spanning hack since the iMac doesn't natively support spanning. Other then that it works very easily

Thanks very much for your response it was helpful! ill try it if i get a second screen i am now exploring my options first

is this the plextor you were talking about? if not then please direct me to it http://www.plextor.com/english/products/TV402UMac.htm cause its like $50+ more than I paid for my Eyetv
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

I bought the Windows version from a 3rd party for 150 since I already had the EyeTV software

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Connecting my Powerbook to Samsung DVD-R135 via Firewire | 64 bit and what does it all mean? »