New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Wireless Mighty Mouse -- first use

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

asolo

asolo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06

FYI.....

Received new Apple Wireless (Bluetooth) Mighty Mouse 10 minutes ago. Easy set-up using clear instructions. Dimensions exactly same as wired version. Feel in-use exactly like wired version. Unit is heavier because of batteries. (which is non-issue for me)

Looks/feels like a winner -- even if it did cost too much. This unit and wireless keyboard both work flawlessly and they really cleaned up my desk. Highly recommended.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Nice, I'd like a decent bluetooth mouse, but don't really like the original mighty mouse...

It would go nicely with my apple wireless keyboard though.
QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

tell us when the batteries die...
QUOTE Thanks
asolo

Mac Specs: iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06

I'm curioius about battery life, too. Previous HP PC had wireless mouse and keyboard. (not bluetooth) Used lithiums in both. Keyboard lasted more than six months. Mouse lasted 30 days which I thought pretty annoying.

The new Apple wireless mouse was shipped with 2 lithiums (bless their hearts) so I should get a good direct comparison. Do notice that Apple's wireless keyboard and wireless mouse both have on-off switches. My intention is to leave them on all the time, as I did with previous HP units, in order to get a good comparison. Hopefully that will take more than 30 days but we shall see. Will post back at that time.

In the mean time, I'm liking it.
QUOTE Thanks
icemanjc

I'm pretty sure that they go off by themselves when theres no use, or at least go into power saving mode.
QUOTE Thanks
symondavis

symondavis has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.

To make a really good test of battery life you will also need to know the mAH of each battery that goes into the mouse. As far as I can tell already the mouse will run on 1.5v this is easy to figure out as both batterys fit in the same way, thus if I believe what Apple did was just double the life by running two cells parallel not serial. This is also why you can run the mouse on a single cell and not suffer the fate of a dead mouse when out and about.

When my lithium cells die I'll be using rehargable Ni-MH AA's as these have extremely high mAH (3500!) and have a low memory effect. I already have lots of these as I use them for my RC cars. I can imagine the run time of those in the might mouse to be very long even when using a single cell.

So far my mighty mouse has been heavily used since I got it Tuesday. I love it to bits more than my desktop PC's Logitech-MX1000.

On a crusade to get all household electricals in Apple white!
QUOTE Thanks
PowerBookG4

PowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud ofPowerBookG4 has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.

anybody upgrade from a wired mighty mouse to the wireless one? Is the bt one more accurate as I heard or is it pretty much the sam? is it heavy-ness hard to get use to when moving from the 2?

My Website
Blog
I love my hosting company!
I was on the M-F honor roll for Febuary:2006
QUOTE Thanks
chaslam

chaslam is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP C2D 2GB, 24" imac 4GB

Yes I moved from wired to wireless. Its not as heavy as the old bluetooth single button mouse, but its still heavier then the wired MMs.

Yes I think it is slightly more acurate.
QUOTE Thanks
asolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerBookG4
anybody upgrade from a wired mighty mouse to the wireless one? Is the bt one more accurate as I heard or is it pretty much the sam? is it heavy-ness hard to get use to when moving from the 2?
That's what I did. Using with two batteries (although the supplied lithiums are lighter than alkalines) it is heavier than wired version. My "feeling" is that the additional weight is very much non-issue. The control and feel of the unit in-use is pretty much exactly like the wired version. Took zero getting used to in comparison.
QUOTE Thanks
Jammers

Jammers is on a distinguished road

Anyone else having trouble with the right click?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Lift your LEFT Finger maybe 1/3rd of an inch and Right Click will work. Also be sure it's setup correctly in the System preferences. When you install the Mighty Mouse software it defaults to One Button.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mm panel.jpg (30.5 KB, 32 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Jammers

Jammers is on a distinguished road

Yeah I see - had it set up correctly just getting used to it. However I am now having problems moving the mouse pointer - I can move across the screen easy enough but up and down can be problematic. I never had this problem with my original wireless mouse. You think I have a faulty version?
QUOTE Thanks
studio34

studio34 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: dual core 20" iMac | 2GB RAM | 256MB ATI Radeon | 500GB HD | anticipated delivery: 7/3/06 -> 7/11/06

After using the mouse for a couple weeks, the right mouse button is not as responsive as I would like. I often have to click it a couple of times to get the context menu to come up. I have tried most tricks I have found online including making sure my index finger is high off the mouse, but it still is not as responsive as I would like. It works OK for general computer tasks, but I am finding it annoying when I need to use it for gaming.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

For me if my Left finger is the proper distance off the surface of the mouse, the Right always works. I have 3 MM's here and they all work the same.

I have read though from people who I totally respect, that the Mighty Mouse is not the best Gaming mouse out there. I tend to agree from the little I have used mine for really demanding games.
QUOTE Thanks
asolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by macAttack
tell us when the batteries die...
FYI:

Had wireless keyboard since 7/10. Screen indicator now shows four out of five power indicators still lit -- first indication of consumption.

Had wireless mouse since 7/28. (two lithium batteries installed) Screen indicator now shows five out of five power indicators still lit.

Both devices have been left on at all times even when the computer itself is off.

Will be back to report when they die.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac printing | Can anybody help? I still have no answer - OS 10 Printing »