New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

QWERT is dead?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Czymra

Hey there,

i just washed my BT Keyboard and now QWERT is dead. No response what so ever. Of course I need these for my password so I cannot access my computer right now at all.
I just washed off the keys in a water bowl and put them in after having dried them. Of course there might have been some water left but I dont think anything is supposed to burn through with a battery driven keyboard.
How about any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Let the keyboard dry for 24 hours or so....

QUOTE Thanks
Czymra

I took it totally apart now but it doesnt feel wet at all. The contacts just wont make well... contact.

But hey! There is water between the two layers of the lower foil. How do I get that one out now?
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

just make sure the keys are securely pressed onto their pogs. Leve the keayboard to dry for 24 hours. helped me when it rained throught the window once and I had dried everything and still nothing worked.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

At the risk of sounding trite... what was the reason you took apart your keyboard again?
I can see if you aboslutely had to, like a spill or something.... but to take it apart for cleaning? Seems a little bit extreme and unncessary to me, that's all.
It is very possible that in dismantling the keyboard you damaged connections for the keys. One reason why I avoid doing something like this, no matter how careful you think you are being, even the best of us can screw something like that up.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Czymra

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
At the risk of sounding trite... what was the reason you took apart your keyboard again?
I can see if you aboslutely had to, like a spill or something.... but to take it apart for cleaning? Seems a little bit extreme and unncessary to me, that's all.
It is very possible that in dismantling the keyboard you damaged connections for the keys. One reason why I avoid doing something like this, no matter how careful you think you are being, even the best of us can screw something like that up.
I did not take it apart. I just popped off the keys and washed them. They just were a bit wet when I plugged them back in. I didn't think that a battery driven thing could get trashed by that bit of humidity.
Oh well. It's done for.
Any suggestions for a new keyboard? I hate the Microsoft Curve Thing I am typing on right now. Cranmp.
QUOTE Thanks
Marl Huss

Marl Huss will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB

Logitech, Microsoft or Apple. Though I have not used an Apple Keyboard except at shops it seemed quite good.

Microsoft and Logitech keyboards get good reviews. Why not go to a shop and try some out?
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Put it upside down on a dry surface for a day or two and see how it goes...
QUOTE Thanks
Czymra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marl Huss
Logitech, Microsoft or Apple. Though I have not used an Apple Keyboard except at shops it seemed quite good.

Microsoft and Logitech keyboards get good reviews. Why not go to a shop and try some out?
I was in a store. They all look cheap or do not support Mac or do not even have USB. I think I have to get something online.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best external drive for under £100..? | Address Book Help »