New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

HP DeskJet F380 won't work with Airport Express

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vawolf

Hello,

I just purchased a HP DeskJet F380 AIO printer to use with my PBook G4 12" (PowerPC running Tiger with all the latest updates). It works fine when connected directly to the PBook through USB (after installing all the HP software), but when I try to use it with Airport Express it won't work. The printer setup utility recognizes the printer as a Bonjour printer but then the specific model won't show up in the pull-down menu. I've tried picking other HP printer models, but when I try to print the printer won't do anything at all. However, in the printer's utility (the one that opens during a print job) there is a list of printing jobs that appear as if they were completed, even though nothing printed.

I asked HP support and they basically threw up their hands and gave no assistance. Here's what they said:

Quote:
The F380 is not an HP supported networkable printer. HP supports this printer "Full Functionality" USB direct connect from the printer to the
MAC. Apple supports "Print Only" functionality from the printer to the
airport. If you want to run it thru the airport, you will need to connect Apple support.

They said to contact Apple, but I thought I'd get an answer here faster

How can I make this printer work with Airport? If it won't work at all I think I'm gonna return it. How can I find out which printers will work with Airport Express for sure?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« cube speakers on g5 tower? | What's happened to my monitor? »