Thread: Cable router

MacPlus
    Cable router
    Hi, New to the list. I'm looking for some advise on which cable router to buy. I'm wanting to go with a hard wired setup. I'll be connecting two iMacs to share the internet. Also is there any restrictions on the cable length. I'll be running one line to a upstairs room.
    Thanks for any help.

lzasitko
    routers
    Quote Originally Posted by MacPlus
    Hi, New to the list. I'm looking for some advise on which cable router to buy. I'm wanting to go with a hard wired setup. I'll be connecting two iMacs to share the internet. Also is there any restrictions on the cable length. I'll be running one line to a upstairs room.
    Thanks for any help.
    Just about any of them are good these days, mine is 3com and no problems at all. Off the router I have two lines running upstairs one 30' one 50. Downstairs I have a 20', 10' for two computers that are reletivly close and another 50' line going to a hub in the family room. From that hub I have a 15' and a 30' line, one for a computer on a desk and the 30' is the tether for my iBook at the moment. I want to go wireless but at the time I put this in wireless was not affordable and so will use it for now. I have right now 4 pc's and 2 mac's hooked up.

Larry Zasitko

Specs:
    20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
    Yea i have my d-link router on the first floor and i have cables going all the way up to the third floor with no poblem

MacPlus
    Great, thanks for the input. I've heard that safari doesn't play well with some routers, has anyone noticed this problem.

moni
    Speedtouch 510v4 is best
    I am using Thomson Speedtouch510 v4 it got four port its router and modem in one i have adsl line its one of the best it v v fast and i connected 2 pc one G5 its working v nice iam so happy before this i had usb speedtouch its not for mac it gave me lot of problem
    i Strongley recomend u to for Thomson speedtouch 510v4 u can connect 4 computers with it and it got Firewall built in self powered so u dont need to worry about ur data yeh u can disable the firewall aswell

Thread Information