New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Powerbook 540c, SCSI CD-R Drives

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

prd38

I got the original Diablo but can't make it work on my 540c. It seems that the game does not recognize my external SCSI connected CD-R drive. Any help for this?
QUOTE Thanks
tachyon

I thought Diablo was powermac only, and the 540c aint a powermac unless you have upgraded it!
QUOTE Thanks
prd38

It has a powerpc chip in it. The game works all the way up to the point where it looks for the files on the CD to play it. Then it gets confused.
QUOTE Thanks
MacPlus

Does it have any problems recognizing other CD's.
QUOTE Thanks
MacPlus

Another thought, are you useing the orig Diablo cd or a copy? There seems to be some invisible files on the orign cd, I found that out when trying to run Diablo with a disk image of the cd.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Display Going out, NEED ADVICE, Please HELP! | CD-RW becomes CD-R »