New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

MacBook Pro - A good mouse for the MacbookPro 17"

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Christiaan Troo

I will be purchasing a Pro17" these days, I have never used a Mac before, I hope it is easy to use. Basically the reason im purchasing a Mac is b/c i can still use Microsoft with bootcamp, but, I want to just use the Tiger OS becasue of what i heard, there are 0 viruses, more stable, faster OS.. etc etc..

What would be a good Apple mouse for this? also, if i use Windows, do all mac mouses just have 1 click on them? :rolleyes:

Can i use non mac mouses on the Tiger sistem?

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Paralex

Paralex is a jewel in the roughParalex is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 20", Intel Core Duo 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD, ATI Radeon X1600/256MB VRAM

I like the Mighty Mouse a lot, I really have no problems with it.

But if you're looking into going for a non-Apple mouse, then most of Logitech's mice are Mac compatible: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...categoryid=428

Hope this helped.

Edit: Mighty Mouse does have a right click/scroll wheel.
QUOTE Thanks
iRizzo

I have a wireless bluetooth Logitech mouse. It was 5 bucks more than the wireless mighty mouse. It's silver and matches the MBP PERFECTLY. Like I said, it's a Bluetooth mouse so it doesn't take up a USB port. This is an awesome feature. I highly recommend this to you. It has Right Click, Left Click, and a Scroll Wheel. It's really the perfect mouse for the MBP in my opinion.
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Any standard USB mouse will work.
QUOTE Thanks
MacMania55

MacMania55 is a jewel in the roughMacMania55 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb

they have a wireless mighty mouse...

MacMania55
QUOTE Thanks
iRizzo

I think he wants a right click button and a scroll wheel though.
QUOTE Thanks
Christiaan Troo

Thanks guys, the Mighty Mouse has a left and right button right?
QUOTE Thanks
iRizzo

No it doesn't.
QUOTE Thanks
Paralex

Paralex is a jewel in the roughParalex is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac 20", Intel Core Duo 2.0Ghz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HD, ATI Radeon X1600/256MB VRAM

Yes, it does. If you mean Left and Right click, then yes it does. More info at http://www.apple.com/mightymouse
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMania55
they have a wireless mighty mouse...
They do?
QUOTE Thanks
iRizzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralex
Yes, it does. If you mean Left and Right click, then yes it does. More info at http://www.apple.com/mightymouse
When I was playing with my friend's, I couldn't get it to right click on anything. I asked him and he said it didn't have it. ??
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRizzo
When I was playing with my friend's, I couldn't get it to right click on anything. I asked him and he said it didn't have it. ??
You have to configure it in system preferences...
QUOTE Thanks
iRizzo

Oh that's probably why....hm.
QUOTE Thanks
ShillAT

ShillAT has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!

the mighty mouse is a really good mouse, if a bit pricey. it also has a cord, which you might not like. but for a new switcher, it's nice because it has the familiar right click..

"You can play your electric guitar but it ain’t gonna change the world
You can get all emotional on me and cry like a little girl"
-Electric Six- Rock 'n Roll Evacuation- Señor Smoke
QUOTE Thanks
MagicBoy

Another vote for the Logitech Bluetooth - I've got a V270. Works straight off the internal bluetooth so no plugs to steal precious ports. It's a good weight, comfortable to use and no annoyances with the sensor unlike some MS and IBM optical mice I've used. Still running on the bundled batteries after 3 months of daily use too.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Address Book Help | Macbook 5.1 issue »