New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

whats the best printer

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

brainwash

hello
i want a fairly cheep printer for my mac?

any suggestions
QUOTE Thanks
coltssaturday

coltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nice

HERE are printers from Apple's site.

On ebay i put in Printers for mac and i got THESE results.

QUOTE Thanks
brainwash

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltssaturday
HERE are printers from Apple's site.

On ebay i put in Printers for mac and i got THESE results.

thank you
i was hoping for a more personal!
anybody have a printer that they love...
QUOTE Thanks
coltssaturday

coltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwash
thank you
i was hoping for a more personal!
anybody have a printer that they love...
ok :black:
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

The HP Photosmart 8250 is an awesome printer, I recommend these to anybody and everybody wanting a new printer. The nice thing is that it has seperate ink cartridges for each color plus a black, unlike normal printers that have a black ink and a 3-in-1 color. The nice thing about having all the colors in seperate cartridges is, if one color runs out you just replace that one color. If I have a choice, ill never buy a printer that doesnt have all seperate cartridges, the print quality is just so much better. This thing prints wonderful pictures and is really fast, you can use that 4"x6" small photopaper and print on that, you can print on everything with this. If you have a digital camera, it has a card reader on the front so you can use your card. It also has a small screen so you dont even need a computer to print pictures from your card. There is a usb port on the front of it for flash drives and things like that, I dont know if you can tell, but I love this printer its a workhorse.

I just recently bought the HP Photosmart 3210, it is the same printer as the 8250 except it has a scanner built in. My scanner broke and I was going to get each of them seperate, but I found this and had to have it. Im not sure if the 8250 has this, but the 3210 has an ethernet port built in so if you have a wireless router you can print wirelessly. I havent tried it yet, I still need to get a long enough ethernet cord.If you have any questions about either printer, just ask and ill try to answer them as best as possible.
QUOTE Thanks
iRizzo

How much is the 8250? What would you recommend a college student?
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice

The 8250 is around $150, and the inks run about $10 for the colors and $15 for the black. This is a good all around printer that can do a little of everything. I highly recommend this one, its really user friendly especially on a mac.
QUOTE Thanks
brainwash

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkRockTuba
The 8250 is around $150, and the inks run about $10 for the colors and $15 for the black. This is a good all around printer that can do a little of everything. I highly recommend this one, its really user friendly especially on a mac.
thxs man
i will look into it
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

Youre welcome, glad I could help.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do i use a Mac Pro mouse with a G3 | Share speakers between PowerMac and Xbox 360? »