New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

imac hard disk crash

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

foochoon

Hi, can anyone provide me with your valuable advice on how I can resolve this? Apparently there are some bad sectors in the hard disk.

All my data are gone!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Okay... exactly what happened? Just saying the disk 'crashed' isn't telling much. What led up to this happening? What kind of Mac are you using exactly? What OS are you running on it?

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
coltssaturday

coltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nicecoltssaturday is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by foochoon
All my data are gone!!!!
thats what happened when my pc harddrive crashed. i was kind of mad.
QUOTE Thanks
foochoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
Okay... exactly what happened? Just saying the disk 'crashed' isn't telling much. What led up to this happening? What kind of Mac are you using exactly? What OS are you running on it?
Mine is an IMAC which fail to start when I try to power it on. Some feedback i got was that there are bad sectors. Is the hard disk still recoverable even though there are bad sectors?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« changing alt and windows key functions? | help me please »