New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Printer keeps "stopping jobs"

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hollerz.mac

hollerz.mac will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Dual 2GHz PowerMac G5 + 20" Apple Cinema Display

Hi, I have a Canon i865 BJ Printer, which I've used for a long time without problems! But I've just tried to print something now and everytime I do the Printer Queue just says Jobs Stopped. So I click Start Jobs, it shows the progress bar and in a couple of seconds it goes back to Jobs Stopped.

Any ideas? neye:
QUOTE Thanks
mig.gentry

mig.gentry will become famous soon enough

I was just about to post the exact same question. I'm running OS 10.4.6 fully updated with all permissions etc.. repaired. I have the probelm only when printing double sided, it gets half way thru the second side and freezes.

My printer is a Canon IP300; maybe this is a canon printer driver issue?

Any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
mig.gentry

Ok

So i've uninstallled the printer, cleared all of the spools and prefs etc..(using a app called Printer Setup Repair) and reinstalled the printer...

But the same thing still happens neye:
QUOTE Thanks
rgstrdnurse

Ive got an HP all in one and I find that it does the same things as youve described. Not sure why it does it. I do find that it is intermittent at times.
QUOTE Thanks
mig.gentry

I've solved my problem.

I deleted all the preferences for ALL of the printers, then deleted them all and reinstalled the Canon causingprobs whilst it was DIRECTLY connected to my iBook. I had it running thru a usb hub before.

It seems to be working now. Its a bit annoying because i'm down one usb port but its working and thats worth alot more at the moment.

Good luck to anyone else who has this problem, i've never had usb hub issues before maybe something broke...
QUOTE Thanks
MacDope

MacDope is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.5GB

I'm running into the same problem with an HP 882C on my brand-spanking new 17" iMac running 10.4.6. I can print a screen shot off the Internet OK but it craps out trying to print an email. The printer is attached directly to the Mac (no hub). Guess I'll try deleting the printer & reinstall.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« For those of you who are fans of vintage macs... | CRT monitors with Mac Minis »