New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Lacie 321 w/ stuck pixels

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

canon_user808

Just received my new LaCie 321 monitor but it has 5 stuck pixels. They only really show up on a all black screen and only 1 is near the center. Its falls within the 13406-2 standard. Lacie told me that they have a 30 day, 100% satisfaction guaranty. They will even cover the shipping. Should I keep it or send it back?
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Umm... if you are not satisfied, then send it back. Sounds like your bases are covered if you do.
If you are satisfied, then keep it.

Other people can't tell you what to feel about your own personal satisfaction level.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
canon_user808

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y
Umm... if you are not satisfied, then send it back. Sounds like your bases are covered if you do.
If you are satisfied, then keep it.

Other people can't tell you what to feel about your own personal satisfaction level.
Thanks, I realize that ultimately it comes down to me. Anyway, I just got off the phone with them. They are sending me another monitor. I was just disapointed that an $1800 monitor would have so many stuck pixels. The person I spoke to was really helpful. I just explained the situation and he took care of everything.
QUOTE Thanks
techster82

techster82 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Unibody Macbook 2.0, Blackberry Bold (Good Riddance iPhone)

For $1800 a monitor better cheer me up when I am feeling sad and dust itself.
QUOTE Thanks
Say_Cheese

Say_Cheese has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz

In future you can always try this first....

http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashb.../pixelfix.html
QUOTE Thanks
canon_user808

Well, I contacted LaCie, explaind the situation and they agreed to send me another monitor but guess what? This one has stuck pixels too. I tried the pixelfix, it ran for about 6 hours but it's still there. I guess it's back to lacie for this one. I hope third times a charm.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« External HDD Caddy - Any Advice? | seagate portable hard drive vs lacie »