Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gave up on Mighty Mouse
    Using a black Microsoft Intellimouse that cost $20. It looks funky because all my other mac stuff is white, but I kind of like that. and I think Mighty Mouse looks nice, but doesn't really hold up well in my hand.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    What went wrong with your mighty mouse?

I guess I just didn't like how it felt it my hand, having to lift my finger off left click to right click, and occasionally the cursor would go wild.

I have problem with my mighty mouse as well...I got problem while scrolling downward. Anyone had the same problem here? It's ok if i scroll it upward, it's smooth. But when i scrolled it down, it did not work very well and stucked. Any information will be much appreciated.

Specs:
    iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
    Try going into your system prefferences. I am sure that there is something in there that could help with your mighty mouse problems. It Helped with mine.
    It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by jenz
    I have problem with my mighty mouse as well...I got problem while scrolling downward. Anyone had the same problem here? It's ok if i scroll it upward, it's smooth. But when i scrolled it down, it did not work very well and stucked. Any information will be much appreciated.
    Thats happened to me a few times, it seems like its dust or some sort of particle that gets stuck in there. A friend of mine actually opened up my mouse and gave it a good clean but it happened again 3 months later. You can either check online for a way to clean it or just grab a microsoft mouse which is what i did.

Specs:
    3.4 Ghz i7 27 in iMac (2012), 3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone 6+

Yes, this happened to me as well. The problem is there is no way to clean the MM. Apple recommends using a damp cloth on the scroll wheel as you scroll it, but that doesn't work all that well. Seems like the lack of a way to really clean it is a design flaw. I gave up on mine a while ago.

Specs:
    Power Mac G5 Dual 2.0, 1GB RAM, nvidia geforce 6600 256MB VRAM, 160GB HDD, 250GB HDD, Dell 2005FPW
    I'm gonna give up on mine soon. I liked it at first, but then the scroll wheel started sticking, the side buttons are too sensitive and the left/right sensors don't work all that well.

Right now I'm looking for a comfortable 5 button mouse, once I fined one the MM is gone.

Specs:
    MBP C2D 2GB, 24" imac 4GB
    Exactly the same as mine is doing now. Ive peeved off because my old one did this after about 4 months. I recenly brought a new one (about 2 months ago) and the same thing is happening.

We shouldnt let them get away with this. These mighty mouses arent cheap, and this sort of thing should be covered in the warrenty.

Anyone know who I should get in contact with to take this up with apple? Its the second one Ive had and the same thing has happend, and im not happy.

Specs:
    20 inch iMac Core Duo
    I hate when my scroll wheel sticks.

ive got a simple solution for all of you guys.

techinically there ISNT a way to clean out the mighty mouse, but you can.

but the mouse upside down in the palm of your hand so that the scroll wheel is facing the floor. with your other hand, well finger...move the scroll wheel back and forth while pushing down on the wheel with quite a bit of force. do this for bout 5-10 seconds and voila. ive had the same mighty mouse for about 6 months now. anytime it doesnt let me scroll down i put the sucker in its place by doing this.

Can't play WoW with a mighty mouse, plus it is expensive, so I never got one.

Specs:
    20" iMac 2.16 ghz. 1 gb ram. 250 GB HDD. Screamer! 2gb ipod nano. 17 in powerbook G4 1.67/1 Gb/120gb
    I played WoW with a mighty mouse. Idk its just personal feel, I love mine!
    MacMania55

Quote Originally Posted by MacMania55
    I played WoW
    Didn't it drive you nuts not being able to hold one mouse button while clicking the other?

Specs:
    iMac G5
    Quote Originally Posted by thadoggfather
    I guess I just didn't like how it felt it my hand, having to lift my finger off left click to right click, and occasionally the cursor would go wild.
    Do you have one finger? Generally your first two fingers go on the mouse...

Thread Information