New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Printing from PowerBook to Windows XP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

xero9

xero9 is on a distinguished road

Hey everyone,

Very frustrating problem. I have an HP LaserJet 1012 hooked up to my wife's computer (Windows XP), and want to print to it from my PowerBook without having to switch the USB cable from one computer to the other, so printing using sharing would be ideal. It doesn't seem to work though. I go into Printer Setup Utility, click Add, More Printers, I have Windows Printing selected, it has my Workgroup, but no computers are displayed. I even tried sharing a printer from my Windows 2003 Server machine, but it doesn't show up on the list either. This has me confused, because a co-worker of mine shared his printer on his PC at work and his Mac instantly found it. Not really sure what I'm doing wrong. Thought maybe it was the Windows Firewall at first, but it's been turned off and still no go. Any help would be GREATLTY appreciated. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
EDIT-XTREEM

EDIT-XTREEM has a spectacular aura about

I'm in the same boat... ):

Mac Pro (Early 2009) 8 Core 2.26 GHz, 6 GB Ram, 640 GB Drive. Dell 2408WFP.
QUOTE Thanks
xero9

xero9 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDIT-XTREEM
I'm in the same boat... ):
I just made some progress.. If you go in to add a new printer, and when you click More Printers, hold option when you do this. In the next menu, you'll see Advanced in the drop box and you can select Windows Printer via SAMBA in the Device drop box, then you should be able to figure out the rest.

The problem I'm having now is apparently OS X doesn't have support for my HP LaserJet 1012
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...0442505&query=

see if this helps you out.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best way to sync a PocketPC to Mac? | Epson Stylus Photo R300 w/ Mac OS X 10.4.* »