New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

VESA Adapter for Dual Cinema HD monitors on Ergotron Monitor stand

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tjod

tjod is on a distinguished road

Hi All;

I have two Apple Cinema Displays [ Apple Cinema Display 23-Inch (Aluminum) Specs (Aluminum, M9178LL/A, A1082) @ EveryMac.com ] which work perfectly. I would like to remove them both from their stands and mount them on an Ergotron DS100 dual monitor Stand which is eqhipped with VESA-compatible 100mm hardware. My only remaining issue is what part do I need to attach to the monitors to allow it to connect to the Ergotron?

Note - the VESA adapter currently on the Apple site does NOT work with the older monitors I have. Been there, tried that, got really grumpy because Apple tech support assured me they would work.

Thank you.

Last edited by tjod; 08-04-2014 at 12:22 PM. Reason: subject enhancement
QUOTE Thanks
tjod

After several days of searching, I found 3 of the correct parts on eBay for a very fair price.

For reference, Requires Cinema Display VESA Mount Adapter (M9649G/A, UPC 718908815083, and NOT the one currently available on the Apple site which is only for the newer displays and some iMacs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjod View Post
Hi All;

I have two Apple Cinema Displays [ Apple Cinema Display 23-Inch (Aluminum) Specs (Aluminum, M9178LL/A, A1082) @ EveryMac.com ] which work perfectly. I would like to remove them both from their stands and mount them on an Ergotron DS100 dual monitor Stand which is eqhipped with VESA-compatible 100mm hardware. My only remaining issue is what part do I need to attach to the monitors to allow it to connect to the Ergotron?

Note - the VESA adapter currently on the Apple site does NOT work with the older monitors I have. Been there, tried that, got really grumpy because Apple tech support assured me they would work.

Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Thanks for the VESA info. Sorry you didn't get much in the way of replies. I guess many of us aren't sophisticated enough to be running multiple displays with a fancy VESA setup/stand…or can afford to own two expensive Apple displays.

I'm sure it's going to look great once you have everything setup. Maybe you could post a photo when it's all done.

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
tjod

It's hardly fancy, and "expensive" is a real stretch. While I'd love to get a new Thunderbolt display, that's not going to happen on my salary, assuming I want to eat once in a while.

I had to replace a bargain basement monitor 2 years ago and found a used 2005 Cinema Display for $100. Last month I found a well-used Ergotron dual monitor stand for a few bucks at Goodwill, and the next day, another used 2005 Cinema Display for $70. The displays still work great and work well together with Aperture for photo editing. That's why I was looking for the adapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Thanks for the VESA info. Sorry you didn't get much in the way of replies. I guess many of us aren't sophisticated enough to be running multiple displays with a fancy VESA setup/stand…or can afford to own two expensive Apple displays.

I'm sure it's going to look great once you have everything setup. Maybe you could post a photo when it's all done.

- Nick
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjod View Post
It's hardly fancy, and "expensive" is a real stretch. While I'd love to get a new Thunderbolt display, that's not going to happen on my salary, assuming I want to eat once in a while.

I had to replace a bargain basement monitor 2 years ago and found a used 2005 Cinema Display for $100. Last month I found a well-used Ergotron dual monitor stand for a few bucks at Goodwill, and the next day, another used 2005 Cinema Display for $70. The displays still work great and work well together with Aperture for photo editing. That's why I was looking for the adapters.
I hear what you're saying…but Apple monitors have always been expensive (relative to their peers). But usually better quality as well. I see 23" Apple Cinema displays still selling for a very good price…relative to their peers (other major brand displays of the same vintage).

I'm talking $200-$250 each (used)…when equivalent 22"/23" used monitors are selling for $75…and new 22"/23" are selling for $110 to $150.

Your two Apple monitors will probably look great in that stand…especially since they are matching.

- Nick

- Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« using old hdd for programs. | Installing Avast without UNinstalling ClamXav »