New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Database for MacBook Pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pszoellner

pszoellner is on a distinguished road

I am seeking a database software for my MacBook Pro. Any Ideas, suggestions or advice? Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
WillFiles

WillFiles is on a distinguished road

try TAP FORMS
nice simple database
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Depends on what you want to do with it. There's everything from the free Neo-Office database module to Filemaker.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Please do not cross post and double post your question. Duplicate and cross post have been removed.
QUOTE Thanks
pszoellner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cradom View Post
Depends on what you want to do with it. There's everything from the free Neo-Office database module to Filemaker.
Thank you, I'm looking for a fairly simple database with names of teachers, language taught, school address, etc.
and the ability to address envelopes and mail letters to them. Maybe a total of 500 teachers.

Further Question does Apple itself have a database. They used to but I think they cut it out.

pszoellner
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Apple did indeed have database software but no longer (ClarisWorks I think).
Looking here gives all sorts of options: Search for "database" : MacUpdate
Just find one that suits.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
GingerKoko

GingerKoko is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro Mid-2010

FileMaker offers WebDirect which means you can access your databases through any web browser and work on it and change your data. You can also access your databases from iPhone or iPad and it is rapid development. You can build dbs quickly in fact they have many pre-built databases you can just extend.

FileMaker is the apple of Apple's eye and very easy to learn but yet it can expand to support businesses and many businesses use it also. In reading up on it, they are top rated by PCMag and many other review-type magazines.
QUOTE Thanks
pszoellner

Thanks to all who replied.

pszoellner
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« video capture for beginners | using history on macbook pro »