New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Western Digital (WD) My Cloud Drives

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Munchykin428

Munchykin428 is on a distinguished road

Does anyone have any experience with the "new" WD My Cloud Devices? I've always had good luck with my WD drives however after reading some reviews the "Consumer" version of these units look like disasters waiting to happen. It seems like the reviews are better for the Pro ex2's and then they are not as good for the Pro ex4's...does anyone have any experience with these drives and give me some insight for them?

I'm a graphic designer and would love to have a stationary hard drive (attached to my main machine at home) to keep all my files on so that I can access them anywhere to show potential clients without having to drag them to my home (no office space) or my whole laptop & drive etc with me everywhere. I use dropbox right now and that works OK to a point however I'm about to launch a new business and will need better or bigger storage capacity in the near future so I'm looking to get something that will hold me out for awhile.

Advice/Suggestions? Other devices that might work for my application?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I've been wanting to try the Transporter, but haven't sprung for it yet.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchykin428 View Post
Advice/Suggestions? Other devices that might work for my application?
Don't forget you can also do 100% "Cloud" storage. Where you store everything on the "Cloud"...no hardware required...and thus access your files anywhere. Of course you have to pay a monthly fee...depending on the storage level.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
Munchykin428

Munchykin428 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the suggestion bobtomay, I'll look into the Transporter and see what I can figure out.

Nick - I've thought about that as well however I will need a bigger back up for my main Mac which I was hoping this might be able to do "double duty" per say. I might just wait it out to see if there are any more reviews / updates in the next few months to see what is available.

Thank you both!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best mouse for OS X | Add USB 3 card to older Mac Pro? »