New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

virrtual pc questions...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jonmichael23

Christmas is approaching, and I wanted to buy a 512 stick of ram to max out my iMac with 1gb. First, how many slots are there? I have two 256 sticks in there right now, is there a third slot for a 512? Also, would it be better to put the 512 stick in the 1st slot ( which i think is the main slot) and move the 256 stick to the third slot ( if there even is a third slot) Is it okay and fairly save to move factory installed ram? I am buying this ram from apple.com. I know there are cheaper ones, but I want what apple approves of and I know will work fine with my mac and not have any problems. One more question, I looked in the booklet that came with my iMac where it shows how to install ram and it looks fairly simple, but I've also heard tragic stories of computers getting really messed up by home installs. If i took my computer and ram to my local apple store would they install if for me, and if so, for how much?

Thanks, Jon
QUOTE Thanks
jonmichael23

The subject for this thread was an accident, that was a subject for another thread i was making at the same time of this one, sorry about that, how do u change the subject?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

There are only two memory slots in the iMac.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« firewire crapped out | Problems With Games.. »