New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Printer/Scanner

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Irishman

Irishman is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Hoping someone can shed some light on this issue.I have a mid 2011 21.5 ins desktop Maverick and am operating a HP Photosmart printer/scanner all in one job.Have recently changed service provider and am gone completely wireless with regards Mac.It was previously wired from previous phone provider.Printer/scanner has always been wireless.Now whilst the printer is fine the scanner won't scan to Mac.It will accept instruction to overview scan.Well, to be honest it goes straight to that when I click on "open scanner" but that is as good as it gets.The machine scans across the document but won't actually scan to the computer or if it does I can't find it anywhere.It is telling me that it is going to documents but it's not there?? Anyone any ideas? Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
mrplow

mrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond reputemrplow has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.9, iPhone5s, iPad Air, AppleTV2

Depends if you printer supports wireless scanning, not all do. Which model is it?

External hard disk acquisition addict - but admitting the problem is the first step to a robust backup

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - top right of this post
QUOTE Thanks
Irishman

It is a HP Photosmart B210 and it has been printing and scanning wirelessly for the last few years no problem !
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

Will it copy a document if so its a setting if not had this happen with a Photosmart after 4 years it turned out the scanner went bad even though it went through the motions .
QUOTE Thanks
Irishman

It's printing from the Mac and copying from itself but just not scanning.When you ask it to scan it refers you back to the desktop.I open the scanner and the a window which I have never seen before opens,subdivided into two with details of the settings such as resolution,where it is being scanned to,the name and format.On the side of that is a separate section showing the scan overview which does it's thing and then that's it.When I try again it tells me it has done scanning.I have attached a capture of what happens but with no document on the tray.Come to think of it, is it my imagination or was there a scan folder/section in finder where scans would automatically go unless directed otherwise? Or am losing the marbles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2014-04-04 at 16.47.47.jpg (40.1 KB, 37 views)
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

To rule out if the scanner is working correctly if you put anything under the scanner and select copy will it print a copy if so the then its a setting issue or driver issue.
QUOTE Thanks
Irishman

Thanks osxx,yes it will copy within itself and print from the mac.Just the scan part is bogey.Where to now can I ask?
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

Try changing the scan to desktop in the screenshot you posted and pick anything see if it works.
QUOTE Thanks
Irishman

No I did try all those things and no joy.Buggin' the life out of me now
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

Try this HP Printer Drivers v.2.16.1 for OS X
QUOTE Thanks
Irishman

Nah, it telling me the scanner is not available now LOL !!!
QUOTE Thanks
Irishman

I think I will uninstall and start again.Is there a way to uninstall that driver I have just downloaded?Have Maverick installed
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

It will be in the Applications folder, and simply hit the (-) button under the printer in System Preferences > Printers and Scanners. With the printer connected via USB and powered on, install the driver and hit the little (+) button this time.

With my Epson after upgrade to Mavericks things changed a little. Hitting the Scan button on the printer now does nothing, however there is a folder called Epson Software in Applications. Opening this brings up the scan application.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Hey Harry... thanks for the tip. I never noticed the Epson software in my applications folder until you just mentioned it. I don't remember ever seeing it before Mavericks was installed. I guess I should find out what all it's suppose to do....
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

Good Idea Charlie. Actually you can no longer scan from the printer ..have to use that package in the Pllications Folder.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Connecting Camcorder MiniDV to Macbook Pro | Synology NAS box disk problem »