Specs:
    MacBook Pro Retina 2014, iPad 1, 2&3, iPhone 6, ATV3
    SD card slot shows disk, but not contents
    I recently bought a SD card drive that holds a mcro sd card. I moved a bunch of files on to it, but sometimes, it can't be found by the computer. I open it up and there is nothing in it. After I restart the computer and remove and replace the card, it works. Any ideas why this is happening?

Specs:
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.11.6
    Hello - just a few questions that might help others respond: 1) Brand/model of the SD/Micro SD card; 2) How was the micro SD card formatted (e.g. by a camera, your laptop, etc.); 3) Do other standard SD cards work in the slot; and 4) Have you tried the micro SD card on another computer?

Finally if these files are important, make sure you back them up elsewhere - you may have to re-format the card? Good luck - Dave

Specs:
    MacBook Pro Retina 2014, iPad 1, 2&3, iPhone 6, ATV3
    Quote Originally Posted by RadDave View Post
    Hello - just a few questions that might help others respond: 1) Brand/model of the SD/Micro SD card; 2) How was the micro SD card formatted (e.g. by a camera, your laptop, etc.); 3) Do other standard SD cards work in the slot; and 4) Have you tried the micro SD card on another computer?

Finally if these files are important, make sure you back them up elsewhere - you may have to re-format the card? Good luck - Dave
    The reader is this Simple, Seamless Storage For Your MacBook | The Nifty MiniDrive and I have a sandisk micro sd in it. When I put it in the computer the first time, it formatted it for me. I haven't tried any other cards and no I haven't tried it on another computer. I do have it backed up to a hard drive at home, though. I wonder if its the reader that I got because its a new product and may not be perfected yet? I just removed and replaced it and now it's working - I didn't have to restart the computer.

Specs:
    21in. iMac 10.11 --- HP Linux Mint 18
    I think he's trying to determine what kind of mini sd card it is. Some of the newer, high density cards may not work in the drive/reader.
    Delusions are often functional. A motherís opinions about her childrenís beauty, intelligence, goodness, et cetera ad nauseam, keep her from drowning them at birth.
    -Lazarus Long

Specs:
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    I have had great luck with SanDisk adapter and readers for Micro SD's but all bets are off on high capacities on MacBook Pros older the 2012.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Same here with a SanDisk Micro SD adapter, however, I have not tried it with a fast high capacity Micro SD. I believe my 2013 iMac would read it OK since it does read a normal size fast high capacity SD.

Thread Information