Specs:
    iMac 21.5" 2.5 i5 8G RAM OS X 10.10.3 (12C60)
    little green mouse light not working
    Magic cordless mouse, 1 and a half years old. Have you noticed that little light that blinks when it's turned over? Mine no longer works (the light). What is the significance of that light? I will be upfront and say I treat mice very roughly and quite frankly can't believe it still works and it's been the longest lasting mouse ever that I've had. So anyway, I assume a physical shock killed that light and I am just curious as to what it does because the mouse seems to operate OK.

Specs:
    21in. iMac 10.11 --- HP win 10
    The light indicates the batteries are still good. No light, check the batteries.
    Delusions are often functional. A motherís opinions about her childrenís beauty, intelligence, goodness, et cetera ad nauseam, keep her from drowning them at birth.
    -Lazarus Long

Specs:
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.11.4
    Quote Originally Posted by dotdotdot View Post
    Magic cordless mouse, 1 and a half years old. Have you noticed that little light that blinks when it's turned over? Mine no longer works (the light). What is the significance of that light? I will be upfront and say I treat mice very roughly and quite frankly can't believe it still works and it's been the longest lasting mouse ever that I've had. So anyway, I assume a physical shock killed that light and I am just curious as to what it does because the mouse seems to operate OK.
    Please check this Apple Support Article - there is an on-off switch (on when the green is showing on the switch - see attached pic); the status of the green light (blue arrow): 1) When on and steady - the mouse has good batteries, the switch is on, and the mouse has 'paired' w/ the computer; 2) When blinking - the mouse is trying to 'pair' w/ the computer via Bluetooth; and 3) If not on (w/ the switch on), the batteries need replacement. Also, improper positioning of the cover will affect the light - hope this helps. Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Specs:
    I see, just an indicator light. It probably doesn't work because I slammed it once too often.

Specs:
    MBP 13" (2013); 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.11.4
    Quote Originally Posted by dotdotdot View Post
    I see, just an indicator light. It probably doesn't work because I slammed it once too often.
    Yes, that's what I suspect, i.e. if your mouse is working and the light is off, then you've likely destroyed the LED or it has just stop functioning - Dave

Specs:
    It's actually held together with scotch tape! The top has separated from the bottom and the battery door won't fit anymore because the black plastic 'rails' came unglued from the back. It's really remarkable it still works and nothing short of running over it with a truck will ruin it.

Thread Information