New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Broken key on keyboard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tetleycat

Tetleycat is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac

I've broken the '7' key. I can type a '7' using the numeric keypad, but how do I get an ampersand?
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.10.1

Hello - well the ASCII code for the '&' is 38 (as shown below) - I no longer have a numeric keypad on my Macs, but when on Windows, I used a lot of ASCII codes w/ a keypad - try to hold down the ALT key ON the keypad and type in 38 from there - hope it works for you! Dave
Attached Images
File Type: gif ampersand-ascii-code-38.gif (5.1 KB, 11 views)
QUOTE Thanks
Tetleycat

Tetleycat is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac

Hi - thanks, but doing that gives me '#•' Not sure if that is the difference between the US and UK keyboards.
QUOTE Thanks
RadDave

RadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of lightRadDave is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MBP 13" (2013); 2.6 GHz i5; 8 GB RAM; SSD 256 GB; OS 10.10.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetleycat View Post
Hi - thanks, but doing that gives me '#' Not sure if that is the difference between the US and UK keyboards.
Sorry - did not know your locale?

As I recall from my Windows days, had to be the ALT key to the right of the spacebar (and Num Lock may have needed to be activated); but, may be the keyboard as you mention or possibly only a Windows feature? Dave
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Router Suggestions | MP3 Download »