New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Display issue?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DJDICEUSA

DJDICEUSA is on a distinguished road

With the attached pic..what would attribute to the display issue (see attached)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Display pic.JPG (466.9 KB, 32 views)
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Looks like a graphics issue of some sort. That could be the fault of the GPU or the display, however, it looks more like a GPU problem. You didn't identify which year and model your MacBook Pro is as that would help....? Also version of OS X you're running?

Have you tried attaching an external monitor to see if the same thing occurs?
QUOTE Thanks
DJDICEUSA

My apologies The MacBook Pro "Core i7" 2.66 15-Inch (Mid-2010) is powered by a 32 nm, dual-core 2.66 GHz Intel "Core i7" I7-620M (Arrandale) processor, with dedicated 256k level 2 cache for each core and a 4 MB shared level 3 cache. AntiGlare OS 10.6.8
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

According to Mactracker, your MacBook Pro uses:

Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M and Intel HD Graphics
Graphics Memory 256 or 512 MB (GT 330M) GDDR3 and 256 MB (HD Graphics) DDR3 shared with main memory

But my second question to you still remains unanswered... Have you tried attaching an external monitor (or TV) to see if the same occurs?
QUOTE Thanks
DJDICEUSA

apologies, i have upgraded to 10.9.1. but no.. i have not attempted to attach another monitor.
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 13" MB 2.4ghz, 2gig ram, OS 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDICEUSA View Post
My apologies The MacBook Pro "Core i7" 2.66 15-Inch (Mid-2010) is powered by a 32 nm, dual-core 2.66 GHz Intel "Core i7" I7-620M (Arrandale) processor, with dedicated 256k level 2 cache for each core and a 4 MB shared level 3 cache. AntiGlare OS 10.6.8
The photo in post #1 and the "spec description" given above in the quote...do not match. The photo in post #1 shows a silver/aluminum display bezel. "Mid-2010" MacBook Pro's had a black glass bezel.

The computer pictured in post #1 is older. And by older...I'm talking at least "Early 2008" or older.

- Nick

- Computer slow, too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
- Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
- Apple Battery Info. Battery
QUOTE Thanks
DJDICEUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
The photo in post #1 and the "spec description" given above in the quote...do not match. The photo in post #1 shows a silver/aluminum display bezel. "Mid-2010" MacBook Pro's had a black glass bezel.

The computer pictured in post #1 is older. And by older...I'm talking at least "Early 2008" or older.

- Nick
This is what i got bro.. the screen is antiglare. as opposed to the glossy, which is what i was looking for. // but sidenote: with more research into the issue..looks like it might be a Mavericks Issue? can anyone confirm.??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (47.2 KB, 19 views)
QUOTE Thanks
DJDICEUSA

Quote:
This is what i got bro.. the screen is antiglare. as opposed to the glossy, which is what i was looking for. // but sidenote: with more research into the issue..looks like it might be a Mavericks Issue? can anyone confirm.??
https://discussions.apple.com/message/23668017#23668017 check out the link
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

pigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond reputepigoo3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
...the screen is antiglare. as opposed to the glossy...
Ok…maybe that explains it. The anti-glare display on a Mid-2010 MBP is a rare combo.

As far as the problem. If it's not hardware…then it's software. Which means it could either be a corrupted OS file/files…or a 3rd party program is conflicting with the OS.

- Nick

- Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some speedup tips: Speedup
QUOTE Thanks
DJDICEUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigoo3 View Post
Ok…maybe that explains it. The anti-glare display on a Mid-2010 MBP is a rare combo.

As far as the problem. If it's not hardware…then it's software. Which means it could either be a corrupted OS file/files…or a 3rd party program is conflicting with the OS.

- Nick
So have you seen any truth to Mavericks being an issue causing software?
QUOTE Thanks
pigoo3

Quote:
So have you seen any truth to Mavericks being an issue causing software?
I have not heard of a connection. Too many folks running Mavericks. If this was a widespread issue...I think that a lot of us would have heard of it.

I think that you've been asked at least twice to try hooking up an external monitor...to see if anything changes. It would really help if you did this...since sometimes eliminating possibilities can help lead us to an answer.

- Nick

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« itunes transfer to ext. harddrive | Use External Hdd for time machine and bootcamp »