Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Other Hardware and Peripherals (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/other-hardware-peripherals/)
-   -   Mouse not scrolling after upgrade to Mavericks (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/other-hardware-peripherals/307221-mouse-not-scrolling-after-upgrade-mavericks.html)

Irishman 10-23-2013 10:48 AM

Mouse not scrolling after upgrade to Mavericks
 
Can anyone help with non scrolling mouse since changed to Maverick?

dtravis7 10-23-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishman (Post 1544772)
Can anyone help with non scrolling mouse since changed to Maverick?

What mouse are you using and what Mac? Will try and help but need more info.

Irishman 10-23-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtravis7 (Post 1544781)
What mouse are you using and what Mac? Will try and help but need more info.

My apologies dtravis7,it is a iMac mid 2011 OSX 10.9 and I am using the "magic mouse" When I switched over, the scroll function has vanished and the option to set it up is gone from the mouse section in Preferences with the only choice now being track speed or double click speed.I have the scroll bar down the side moved with the arrow.Have shut down and restarted.Would appreciate whatever help you can give.Thank you
The zoom facility via the tap on the mouse is gone as well as is the volume control with keys F10,11 and 12 ! Weird

dtravis7 10-23-2013 01:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishman (Post 1544813)
My apologies dtravis7,it is a iMac mid 2011 OSX 10.9 and I am using the "magic mouse" When I switched over, the scroll function has vanished and the option to set it up is gone from the mouse section in Preferences with the only choice now being track speed or double click speed.I have the scroll bar down the side moved with the arrow.Have shut down and restarted.Would appreciate whatever help you can give.Thank you
The zoom facility via the tap on the mouse is gone as well as is the volume control with keys F10,11 and 12 ! Weird

When you say Scrolling do you mean like say in a browser scrolling the web page up and down with your one finger? If so it's working here. 2008 iMac with 10.9 and Magic Mouse. Here is a screen shot of my mouse preference screen. This is the way it's always looked even in Lion and ML.

My Volume keys are also working. Using Apple larger Aluminum USB Keyboard.

Irishman 10-23-2013 02:07 PM

Thanks Dennis.That's the way mine was and I was going to give you a screen shot of mine as it is now but just found I don't know how.When I click on "insert image" it asks for a URL and the image is on the desktop,so am lost.Anyway,when opened the mouse section in Preferences is just is a grey square divided in two with tracking speed and slider on one side of the line and double click speed and slider on the other.

Irishman 10-23-2013 02:10 PM

I went from Lion straight to Maverick....a problem?

dtravis7 10-23-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishman (Post 1544830)
Thanks Dennis.That's the way mine was and I was going to give you a screen shot of mine as it is now but just found I don't know how.When I click on "insert image" it asks for a URL and the image is on the desktop,so am lost.Anyway,when opened the mouse section in Preferences is just is a grey square divided in two with tracking speed and slider on one side of the line and double click speed and slider on the other.

Do you by chance have another Corded USB mouse plugged in at the same time? That might change the mouse panel. Just a thought.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irishman (Post 1544830)
I went from Lion straight to Maverick....a problem?

No, that should not cause it. Apple is saying you can go from the last version of Snow Leopard straight to Mavericks! Maybe there is a bug upgrading from Lion. Time will tell.

Irishman 10-23-2013 05:05 PM

No other mouse.Strange that the F10,11 and 12 have ceased working as well.I see just now on the Apple Support Community that there are over thirty others with the same issue,so must be a bug.Maybe I should have waited a few months before installing LOL>Thank you anyway.

dtravis7 10-23-2013 05:29 PM

The thing I do not understand is why with a very similar iMac am I not seeing the issues? I did do an upgrade from 10.8.5 ML. I will try a fresh install on another drive later and see what happens and get back to you.

Irishman 10-23-2013 05:45 PM

Yes Dennis,a bit strange and also strange that it is just a few that are having the same issue.It seems from the Apple Support that both the scrolling and the volume control on the keyboard is affected for a number but not obviously for everybody.I am not long in the world of Mac and the Lion was my first just under two years ago so this is all strange to me.But Safari is definitely faster. I appreciate your help and look forward to seeing whatever you find out.Regards.Larry

MacInWin 10-24-2013 03:54 PM

Is the mouse connected? Open Bluetooth and re-establish connections.

Irishman 10-24-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacInWin (Post 1545255)
Is the mouse connected? Open Bluetooth and re-establish connections.

Excellent ! Excellent ! Never thought about the bluetooth and sure enough it was off, reconnected when re started.Thank you so much to all and to MacInWin for the idea.Never knew how much I valued the scrolling LOL.Thanks again


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.