New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Problem with Razer Kraken 7.1

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SpecAce

SpecAce is on a distinguished road

I understand that probably nobody here will be able to help me with this problem but I will put here anyways just in case someone has been through this before and knows what to do.

I recently got a Razer Kraken 7.1, which is a 7.1 gaming headset, and it works just great. using it on both windows and mac cannot get any better. But when I try playing videos or movies or whatever on a media player on mac other than quicktime, this is where everything starts to go down hill.

The sound doesn't work. I have to set the audio to play from the built in speakers in the imac for the sound to play right. If I try playing it from the Razer Kraken then it doesn't work. I found a way to get it to work which is to keep rewinding or fast forwarding the video, check if it works. if it doesn't then i have to do it again and again and again. I have to try this like 20 times before I get it to work.

Now this is not a solution at all. and I understand the problem is probably from the razer kraken since other headsets work fine. but hopefully i will find someone here that can help me out or give me something that may be a solution
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Which model Mac? What version OS X? Have you installed the latest version of Razer's Synapse Software?
Razer Synapse 2.0 Cloud-Based Driver Software -Razer United States

Note to mods: this thread shouldn't be in the iOS section.
QUOTE Thanks
SpecAce

SpecAce is on a distinguished road

The problem kind of fixed itself. I'm not sure how it happened but it did. All good now. And sorry for posting this in the wrong section.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MAC home video/photo server for Christmas present for my wife | which headphones is the best for travel »