New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Gemini for Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sevans1023

sevans1023 is on a distinguished road

Is it legit?
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

If you're talking about this (Gemini: Best Mac Duplicate File Finder. How to Remove Dulicates on Mac OS X), then yes. If something else, how about providing a link?

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
sevans1023

sevans1023 is on a distinguished road

No that is what I was referring to. Thx!
QUOTE Thanks
Raz0rEdge

Raz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant futureRaz0rEdge has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 27" i7 iMac, 24" iMac, 13" Macbook Air, iPhone 5 & 5S, iPod Nano 7th Gen, iPad 2 16GB WiFi, iPad 3

Gemini has gotten good reviews from Mac sites as a good duplicate finder..

--
Regards
...Ashwin

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines | The more information you provide, the better answers you get, remember GIGO.
QUOTE Thanks
flowerhope

flowerhope is on a distinguished road

I would really like to use Gemini the duplicate finder on my Mac to help remove a lot of duplicate files which I know I have. But the current version only works on OS X 10.7 or higher. Well my computer is 10.6 and there are no updates available. Is there a previous version of this that I could use and where might I find it?

Thanks so much!
Natasha
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerhope View Post
I would really like to use Gemini the duplicate finder on my Mac to help remove a lot of duplicate files which I know I have. But the current version only works on OS X 10.7 or higher. Well my computer is 10.6 and there are no updates available. Is there a previous version of this that I could use and where might I find it?

Thanks so much!
Natasha
If you upgrade to 10.6.8, which is as far as you can go for the Snow Leopard version, it will give the Mac App Store. In there search for Gemini and download it if from there.

EDIT : I just looked on the Mac App Store and it says its only available for Mountain Lion (10.8) and later, unfortunately . . .

Sorry you will have to find something different of upgrade to to Mountain Lion or Mavericks.

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Don't know if Softonic is a genuine seller of the app, but here is a link. For mine I would be very dodgy about using this software from the makers of CleanMyMac etc. Note user satisfaction is only 50% ~ 2.5/5.

software mac 10.6.8 gemini free download (Mac)

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

If you upgrade to 10.6.8 try searching the App store for Gemini anyway. Since there apparently was a version that worked with 10.6.8 it may show. My thinking is that the App store my show the older version if you are running the older OS. Similar to the wat the iPhone apps behave. I only see the recent version but I'm running Mavericks.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryb2448 View Post
Don't know if Softonic is a genuine seller of the app, but here is a link. For mine I would be very dodgy about using this software from the makers of CleanMyMac etc. Note user satisfaction is only 50% ~ 2.5/5.

software mac 10.6.8 gemini free download (Mac)
As much as i wouldn't use CleanMyMac Harry, i have to say, I give 5/5 for Gemini. As a Duplicate Finder it does a great job, and you know how Apple vet their App Store 3rd Party Apps, they wouldn't let dubious Apps in, as like Clean My Mac isn't in the Mac App Store, but Gemini and Clean my Drive is . . . It does get 4 Stars on the Mac App Store . . .Just saying

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
MoTM ☆☆☆
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.10.1

Think not Brent? Not that long ago Apple were selling Nortons AntiVirus software! You know the old Latin saying:_

A buck is a buck is a buck!!

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Use External Hdd for time machine and bootcamp | Iomega zip 100 Plus connection to iMac »