Specs:
    mid 2011 27" imac Core i5 2.7GHz, 8GB, 1TB
    Alternate Mouse for iMac
    Hi
    I have recently started to find the magic mouse uncomfortable, and am looking at alternatives. I have previously tried the magic pad and just plain dont like it.
    I have narrowed my choices down to three logitech mice, the performance mx, anywhere mx and marathon mouse.
    Any one has any of these mice, thoughts would be appreciated.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I personally can't stand the Magic Mouse or for that matter, any rodent by Apple. Having said that, I usually buy Logitech as they seem to hold up better than most. I also don't like the magic track pad or any other track pad. (I'm a dinosaur.)

Specs:
    Yep, im very much a dinosaur also, i like a desktop mouse and keyboard, dont even like using laptops

Specs:
    21in. iMac 10.11 --- HP Linux Mint 18
    I prefer a mouse also. My current favorite is a Razer Diamondback which, unfortunately isn't made anymore. Most I've bought have been Logitech.
    Delusions are often functional. A motherís opinions about her childrenís beauty, intelligence, goodness, et cetera ad nauseam, keep her from drowning them at birth.
    -Lazarus Long

Specs:
    2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    Quote Originally Posted by bazanders View Post
    Hi
    I have recently started to find the magic mouse uncomfortable, and am looking at alternatives. I have previously tried the magic pad and just plain dont like it.
    I have narrowed my choices down to three logitech mice, the performance mx, anywhere mx and marathon mouse.
    Any one has any of these mice, thoughts would be appreciated.
    There are tons & tons of alternative input devices...both wired & wireless. Just shop you local electronics/computer store in your area...or your favorite online electronics store. Only you can best choose what alternative input device that works best for you.

This is like asking folks for alternative choices for underwear. You need to try on the underwear to see what fits & feels best to you!

- Nick
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

Specs:
    09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
    Use what works best but i got a feeling the next OS upgrade will rely heavily on the trackpad since it seems the growing trend towards touch.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP 2.9GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 256 GB SSD not retina xD
    Cool Maybe a Gaming Mouse?
    I've been using the 2013 Razer Deathadder for a while now. It works great, very precise, comfortable, useful, and cool-looking. It has the standard mouse buttons, with two extra on the side, mouse 4 & 5. They work great, very little effort is needed to press down the buttons. Razer Synapse 2.0 works great. The free program allows you to set profiles for the mouse. I have ones for photoshop, gaming, iMovie, and iTunes. Overall Razer products work great and they last.

Another mouse that I would recommend is the Logitech mx, as you mentioned, it feels great in the hand.

Specs:
    Went with the performance mx in the end, as the anywhere mx was just too small. Nice and comfy in the hand and with lots of options for control via the logitech control centre. Difference between this and the magic mouse is vast.
    Its a real shame apple dont give you more choice with rodents, neither the magic mouse or the mighty mouse are particularly good(would go as far to say dire). Love my iMac though

Thread Information