New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Anybody have Dell 2155cn MF color laser printer?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lrd

lrd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX

Come with great reviews, and available on Mac Mall for $308.99. Says it works with OS X, curious if anyone here has one and what they think.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Regardless of any reviews, good or bad, the first thing I would do before purchasing that particular color laser printer is ask about the price of the toner cartridges.

We had a Dell color laser printer at our church that used 4 toner cartridges at the cost of $90 each. The biggest drawback of any color laser printer is the cost of consumables. Color ink jets nowadays give great results and are much more economical.

Just some food for thought.....
QUOTE Thanks
lrd

lrd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 MacBook Pro 15" - 2013 iMac 3.4GHz quad-core i7, Fusion Drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX

I have a highly rated Epson MF inkjet, and the ink refills are eating me alive. They simply don't last. A full color refill is well over 50 bucks, and I bet I don't get 200 sheets out of them. I constantly have to run the print head clean utility to have something half way decent, and "Full quality" just drains the ink. I see the toner carts for this dell printer are about $100 each, but are rated for 2500 copies. Since toner doesn't dry out, I have to think it will last a whole lot longer and be no more expensive in the long run
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

I also have an Epson high quality Ink Jet but I buy generic refillable cartridges from an internet supplier at about one third the cost of a new cartridge. I have never had a problem with the generic refillable cartridges and they last just as long as the so called genuine Epson ones. I keep a HP Black and White laser printer handy here in my home office for large jobs that do not require color. Using a color Ink Jet for both color and BW jobs is wasteful. I buy generic BW toner cartridges for the HP at around $27.00 each for a medium sized filled cartridge which will last for around 2000 pages.

BTW, Dell color laser printers are high quality printers; in that regard they are certainly worth the price if you are able to put aside the cost of consumables. Just make sure the Dell is compatible with the latest version of OS X before you buy it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macintosh Classic Error Message | Apple Cinema HD Display 23" - problem with picture »