Need Airport replacement asap!
    Hi, I'm looking to buy a new airport as my current one has just died. It was a 2008 Airport express base station. I've looked around and I can't figure out a suitable replacement for my old hardware. I'm currently using quite an old iMac (2009 with 1GB ram running 10.5.8) so could anyone recommend a decent Airport that could go through a number of walls with a good signal strength that can be used in unison with my iMac? Any help is appreciated.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by whitad07 View Post
    Hi, I'm looking to buy a new airport as my current one has just died. It was a 2008 Airport express base station. I've looked around and I can't figure out a suitable replacement for my old hardware. I'm currently using quite an old iMac (2009 with 1GB ram running 10.5.8) so could anyone recommend a decent Airport that could go through a number of walls with a good signal strength that can be used in unison with my iMac? Any help is appreciated.
    Cheers.
    If the Airport Express was serving you well, then the newer version of that should do just fine. The Airport Extreme is more capable, of course, and the Time Capsule lets you do wireless backups with the Time Machine feature in Leopard and onwards.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information