New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

2 button mouse

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Slinky

I was tinking of buying a Mighty Mouse for quite sometime becoz u can perform right click using it. However, i still feels that its really expensive for a mouse and i'm tinking of other alternatives. I was tinking if right click will work on 2 button mouse of other brands or will it only work for Mighty Mouse?
QUOTE Thanks
mynameis

mynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nicemynameis is just really nice

Any 2-button USB mouse will work. Microsoft makes a really nice wireless laser notebook mouse that has 3 buttons and a scroll wheel, might want to give that a look.
QUOTE Thanks
Slinky

oic.. tats great.. thanks. I dun tink i'm gonna get a wireless mouse because i heard u have to replace the batts regularly.. i'm better off with a USB mouse.. haha :headphone Anyway, is there any nice USB mouse to recommend? I dun want those small laptop mouse, I would prefer a normal size one.
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

Any old mouse with a USB connection should work...
If it is a multi-button mouse, you can get USBOverdriveX to map the extra buttons (if it doesn't come with OS X drivers).
QUOTE Thanks
Badger

Logitech makes several models that are both functional and inexpensive. The USB Optical Mouse has 2 buttons and a scroll wheel and sells for less than $20 CAN.
QUOTE Thanks
Slinky

woo.. sounds great.. i'm gonna check out at the computer mall. :teen:
QUOTE Thanks
Left Face Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinky
oic.. tats great.. thanks. I dun tink i'm gonna get a wireless mouse because i heard u have to replace the batts regularly.. i'm better off with a USB mouse.. haha :headphone Anyway, is there any nice USB mouse to recommend? I dun want those small laptop mouse, I would prefer a normal size one.

With heavy use, atleast on my cheap one, you had to replace the batteries every half a year or so. My parents have a better model which actually has a life span of pretty much 3/4 of a year. They do have more expensive models, usually $30-50, where you have a charger you put the mouse on and it keeps the batteries charged.

Though, I must say that when teh batteries are getting low the mouse will randomly not work... or start jumping. Which, is just plain annoying. While the ones with rechargable batteries will cost you a little more, they come with a craddle for your mouse to sit in while you're not useing it to ensure you don't have to switch the batteries for years.
QUOTE Thanks
Slinky

Oic.. at first i was actually tinking of getting the wireless apple mouse. However there are alot of complaints tat the batt runs out pretty fast and it wasn't very accurate and could be a trouble if i'm doing alot of graphic works. The worse part, there's no right click.. haha. Well, i'll be going to the computer mall soon and i'll see wat cheap offers i can find.. haha
QUOTE Thanks
DCraver

DCraver is a jewel in the roughDCraver is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac G5

if yr looking for a nice high dpi, gaming one.
i'd throw down the 60-70 bucks for the logitech G5
QUOTE Thanks
Slinky

Hmm.. i dun tink i will need such an expensive mouse as i won't be using it for gaming.. i'm juz gonna use it on my ibook doing graphic work most of the time.
QUOTE Thanks
Kyomii

Kyomii will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4

The Microsoft intellimouse optical is nice and cheap too, and has a nice smooth transition.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo...s.aspx?pid=008

FWIW, I have had 3 cordless mice in the past, and I found that the battery life is useless, duracell and even 2600 Nimh batteries only lasted me about 4 weeks before they needed charging.

You could get one with a charging station, but even then you will need to replace the rechargable batteries eventually as a constant charge means less overall life.

That is why I do not bother with them any more - very annoying when you are in the middle of PS and the mouse jerks and stops everywhere. Even more annoying when you have no batteries to replace the dead ones :rolleyes:

FWIW the battery life in wireless keyboards is very good indeed. I still use my wireless keyboard which is running off the same batteries almost two years down the line.

Fondest regards, Kyomii

My Snapshots
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems with eMac | Cant Read 3rd Party DVD Burner »