Born in Scotland, Worked in Scotland then England, Now live in Wales
    Specs:
    Late 2015 5K 27-inch Retina iMac, 4GHz i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB Flash Drive, El Capitan, 10.11.6
    speech recognition headsets
    I'm looking for a wired USB-based headset for voice recognition to match with Dragon Dictate. I live in the UK.

Quality is, within reason, more important than price.

Any product advice from experienced users?

As always, I am most grateful.

Ian

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    I have used a couple of different headsets with dictation programs. Just about any good headset works reasonably well. The company says that the quality of the mic affects recognition but the mics on their site are out of my budget.
    They recommend "a Nuance-approved noise-canceling headset microphone for Mac (included in purchase)." I can't seem to find it one the support area at the moment but I thought they had a policy that required use of a certified mic if you were calling for support.

Here' their list of tested microphones. I've had good luck with the Logitech Clear Chat series of headsets.
    "Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Specs:
    Late 2015 5K 27-inch Retina iMac, 4GHz i7, 32GB RAM, 1TB Flash Drive, El Capitan, 10.11.6
    Many, many thanks. To you and all who take the time to read and answer queries.

I'll check these out.

Ian

Specs:
    Let me know what you decide to get and how you like it. I am pretty fed up with what I have now (not very comfortable). I am looking at some of the Turtle Beache headsets since they would be good for other uses but it will be a while before I buy anything.

Specs:
    Sure; will do.

Ian

Specs:
    Hi Slydude

As promised, my feedback. Personal views only, not associated in any way with any product.

The headset which came with Dragon Dictate was okay for the job; but not very comfortable.

I have now purchased Plantronics Audio DSP 400 which is on the "certified list of approved headsets" by Dragon. Much more comfortable for my head anyway. Much nicer microphone boom and is foldable for portability with leather bag provided for same. (I don't require the portable facility myself).

So far, it is working well. Cost 30 including postage. As it's an American company, my guess would be that it is cheaper stateside.

Ian

Specs:
    Thanks for the update. I can agree with you about the comfort level of the original headset. If it is anything like the one I got (may go back to when the program was called iListen and produced by a different company) .

I can find those here for about $25 - $45 US depending upon the vendor. I'm going to hold off for a while and look a bit more. I am leading in the direction of a wireless option but haven't decided which one.

Thread Information