Angry Seagate GoFlex Home drive
    I have a Macbook and a Macbook Air, both are on Mountain Lion. I have a Seagate GoFlex 2TB drive attached (ethernet) to my router.

Before I got my Macbook Air, I had an IBM Thinkpad. At that time both the IBM and the Macbook were backing up to the Network Drive. After switching to Mountain Lion and the MacBook Air, I decided to clean up the network drive ad I did not need the IBM applications etc, so I formatted the drive. This resulted in neither computer even 'seeing' the drive, it would not work anymore - it was not detected by MacOS and so by Time Machine.

After a lot of messing around (I used the Seagate utilities to wipe the drive, and also did a hard reset, I have now managed to get the drive working and it is backing up (Time Machine) the Macbook. However, the Macbook Air does not show the drive at all. I can sign onto the drive using IP address from either laptop, but MacBook Air Finder does not show it, so it does not show in Time Machine.

I am new to the Mac world and would appreciate any help in getting this sorted out.
    Thanks

Specs:
    2008 15" MBP Yosemite, 2012 21.5" iMac Yosemite
    Did you try opening your Time Machine Preferences on the MBA and choosing the backup drive again? Like when you first set it up. The MBA may be looking for the drive under a different name or whatever and it just needs you to point to the correct drive again.
    64GB iPhone 6, 64GB iPad Air 2.

Reminder: Please include your Mac's specs. This will make it much easier for the other members to assist you.

I did try opening TM preferences, no joy! The drive just does not show. I even tried to point TM to the IP address, but I get an error then.

My MBA is 4GB, 256GB

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Thread moved here. Has nothing to do with running Windows on your Mac. Please observe our forum descriptions and Sticky posts prior to posting. Thanks.

I am NOT running windows. I was referring to an earlier environment when I did have an IBM Thinkpad. I no longer have that.

It is a PURE Mac environment. One Mac sees the drive and I can use Time Machine to back up to it, the other Mac (MBA) does not see the drive at all - there are no shared drives showing up in Finder.

If this is the wrong forum, my apologies.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, Sierra
    Your post has already been moved from the "Running Windows....." forum where you originally posted it to here which is the correct place.

I have (well technically had) a Seagate GoFlex and quite frankly they are junk. It'd work one day; fail to mount the next; fail surface scan tests on another; then pass them the next day. The drive is complete garbage. I've since taken the drive out of the case and popped in a WD drive, and that runs flawlessly, so the problems weren't in the docking hardware. It sounds to me like you may be having similar issues.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information