New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

iMac will mount eSata network shares, but not USB 3.0 striped share

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lastmboy

Lastmboy will become famous soon enough

I have been using two TowerRAID boxes connected to a Windows 7 pc by eSata. I can connect to these with my iMac over the network with no problems. However, I removed the small TowerRAID and replaced it with a Mediasonic hardware RAID 0 array connected by USB 3.0 cable. All computers on the network can see it, and other PC's can access it with no problem. However, my iMac can see it on the network, but won't mount it. I always get the "There was a problem connecting to the server..." message. I can still mount all other drives on the PC with no problem.

I'm not sure how to tackle this.
Which factor(s) might be at fault?
1) RAID 0 array (first time I have used RAID 0)?
2) Connected by USB 3 instead of eSata?
3) Mediasonic box (worked directly with iMac, but first time I tried to network to it)
4) Sharing settings (I've got it wide open with all access to "everyone")?
5) Other?

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

27" iMac 3.4GHz I7, Mac Pro, Mac Mini, iPad Air, iPhone 5S, Apple TV (3rd generation), iPod Classic
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Connecting to Cinema Display | External Hard Drive Failure. Odd behaviour from DiskUtility. »