New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Airport Extreme with external HD connecting to smart tv

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

paul5275

paul5275 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

First time posting....

Here is my equipment:
Hard Drive: LaCie 1TB Rugged Triple USB 3.0 External Hard Drive (5400 RPM) )
Smart Tv: SAMSUNG UE37ES5500 Smart 37" LED TV)
Airport Extreme Base Station.

I want to connect my HD to my tv and to the extreme airport base station all at same time. Is this possible?

Problem is the external hard drive only has one usb port and two ethernet ports.

Can i get a ethernet to usb adapter so that i run an ethernet cable to the tv?

or would a usb hub be able to this? i.e extract data from HD and send it to the airport extreme base station and the tv. if so what you recommend?

Btw my laptop and Hd are usb 3.0 so if its worth it for the hub i dont mind paying the extra.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

If you indeed have the Lacie Rugged Triple, it does not have any ethernet ports. It has 1 USB and 2 Firewire ports.

Unless someone with experience setting up one of those TVs come along, you'll probably need to read the owner's manual section on 'Photos Videos and Music' to find out what the Samsung requires in order for it to see/use the data on the hard drive.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
paul5275

paul5275 is on a distinguished road

Yes sorry it is two firewire 800 ports i miss typed it...any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« headphones | Scanner detection »