New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Retriving Data from a Dead Time Capsule

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Brandy

Brandy is on a distinguished road

I have just purchased from Other World Computing a hardware interface that will allow me to attach my Time Capsule to my MAC as a external drive. When I have attached the drive I am not able to see the drive in Finder. Can anyone help me regarding this. I am not sure why I cannot see this drive as an external drive? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Neal
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Can you share the link to the product you purchased?

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Brandy

Brandy is on a distinguished road

Here is the link for the hardware interface I bought.

NewerTech U3NVSPATA Universal Drive Adapter USB 3.0... in stock at OWC

I also down loaded

Mac Data Recovery to Recover Data on Mac OSX ? Stellar Phoenix

to read the disc and find my data. When I do a scan of the drive I do not see the volume. What I am looking for is a data racovery program where I can enter a charcter string and have the HD search for it. I can't use the file structure with the file name to get to the file.

What program would you suggest that would allow me to search for a text string to fine the data I am looking for.

Thanks for your help regarding this matter.

Thanks

Neal
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« connecting new Macbook Air to 24inch Apple display | Printer - Samsung Ml-1610 »