New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Time Capsule Not Connecting to Network

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Brandy

Brandy is on a distinguished road

I have a Time Capsule that I have connected to the ethernet port of my 2Wire modem. When I try to set it up in Time Machine I am not seeing it connecting to my network. I get the following message with I try to map it to a network drive. The remote device or resource won't accept the connection. Any help to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Neal
QUOTE Thanks
Brandy

I have a Time Caspule that I cannot get to connect to my network. How can I get my files off this drive with out connecting it to my newtoek?

Thanks

Neal
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Have you read through the Setup Guide for the Time Capsule and set it up via Airport Utility?

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/...SetupGuide.pdf

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Brandy

This is a configuration that has been working for almost 4 yrs. This morning my short cuts would not connect to my Time Capsule. I am not trying to debug this. The message I am getting is my time capsule is rejecting the request to connect to the network. Can you help me?

Thanks

Neal
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Try running through the troubleshooting steps for the TC in the link above - start at the "If your TC isn't responding" bottom of pg 26.

QUOTE Thanks
Brandy

Thanks for your reply. I am able to access my Time Capsule using Airport and am able to change the settings as I have in the past. I have unpluged the power to the Tinme Capsule and pluged it back in again. I don't want to do anything that will prevent me from retrieving the files on this drive. They are my backups and files that reside in no other place. Is there a way I can retrieve my files from the drive without connecting to a network. All the other functions of the device work as they , wireless network, airport configuration all work. I just can't see the drive on my network. It used to display as a detwork drive. I really appreciate your help. I really hope you can help me.

Thanks

Neal
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

Not without taking the drive out of the TC - it's a network attached storage device.

It use to display where?
You can't see it on the sidebar of Finder? Have you gone into Finder Preferences and made sure everything in the sidebar tab under servers is checked?

What happens when you try to "Enter Time Machine"?

edit:
You could try direct connection via ethernet cable to the TC - don't think this will do anything more than the wifi connection though.

QUOTE Thanks
Brandy

I have checked all the tabs in finder. It used to display my backup drive on my desktop. When I go into Time Machine It say's I need to set up backup drive. I don't see a drive to select for my backup so I am not able to setup Time Machine.
If I take my Time Capsule into Apple can they retrieve my files and put them on a new Time Capsule if this one is bad?

Thanks

Neal
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

It is beginning to sound like the drive has failed.

Don't know exactly how much of that they will do in store.

Whether anything can be retrieved from the drive depends on how it has failed.
Not even being able to see the drive does not sound good.

Myself, I'd probably pull the drive out of it and try connecting to it via USB or FW with something like this or this.

As far as I am aware, if the drive cannot be seen via direct connect, you're not getting info from it without sending it out to the pros for data retrieval.

QUOTE Thanks
Brandy

Thanks for your reply. I relly appreciate all your time in getting back with me to resolve what we have.

Sincerely

Neal
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How can I connect a PC laptp to my Apple Display 24" monitor? | WP250 pairing »