New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

HELP please, ext HDD from Mac, plugged into PC, now will NOT boot or be seen on MAC..

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bberkoff

bberkoff is on a distinguished road

Please help...

I have a 1T iomega ext HDD that has been running fine on my desktop imac 7,1 for long time (intel core duo running OS X 10.6.8), but I did a very silly thing...

I unplugged this fine drive (which was hooked up to mac with a firewire cable) and tried to plug it into my PC notebook using a usb cable (it has the ports) , to see if I could use the extra space (it is half empty) to back up some files from my notebook,,,,

Of course windows made it unhappy from the moment I plugged it in,...pc never saw it and it would just click.... so I moved it back to mac, and now it does the same, is never seen by mac or disk utility etc.... I think the PC messed up the boot blocks of the drives HFS+ filing system, my bad... but all the data on the disk should still be there and fine!!..

Is there a UTILITY somewhere that can SEE this DISK on my MAC and FIX it??.... thanks all... BBERKOFF
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Most data recovery programs are not going to work because they will be unable to "see" the drive. However, there is one that may work. It's called "Scannerz" and can be downloaded from here: LINK I believe they have a trial version that you can try first. The price for the app is $34.95.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Possible to change names of multiple displays? | G-tech G-raid 4 TB Thunderbolt drive »