New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

AirPort Express - Won't Work

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

spolebitski

spolebitski is on a distinguished road

I have an AirPort Express that stopped working the other day. I went to the apple store and all they could offer was buy a new one.

My Mac won't detect it. I get an message saying it needs "AirPort Utility 5.6.1" but this utility won't install on Snow Leopard.

Any solutions? Anyone experience this?

I did configure the AirPort Express on my Windows desktop and AirPlay worked via ethernet but it disappeared when I tried to connect it to my wireless network.
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

What type of Airport Express?

Have you tried a soft/hard/or factory reset?
Resetting an AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule FAQ

If you can connect to it via ethernet - then the Express is somewhat working. Have you tried setting it to just join the wireless network?

Also - if you can configure it using windows - then it should still work.
QUOTE Thanks
spolebitski

spolebitski is on a distinguished road

Here is where I am at:

Mac OS 10.6 won't find the airport express
Win OS 7 will see it I can configure it but when I try to join my network (my router) it disappears and can't locate it. I then have to reset the AirPort Express.

It is not the new AirPort Express, it is the older one.
QUOTE Thanks
IvanLasston

IvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to beholdIvanLasston is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2

What type of router are you trying to join it to? I think you can have it join a wireless network - but it won't extend a wireless network unless you are joining to another Airport Extreme or Time Capsule.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« VHS Player to iMac | Is there a WD or Seagate 1+TB that doesn't need an external power source? »