New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Using both thunderbolt ports for video on new iMac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ggoldstein

ggoldstein is on a distinguished road

I recently purchased the new 27in iMac and was planning on using both of the thunderbolt ports for external monitors. I purchased a thunderbolt to DVI cable to connect a samsung monitor, and I purchased a thunderbolt to HDMI cable to connect my visio HDTV as a third. The HDMI connected to visio works great by itself, and the DVI connected to Samsung monitor also works great, but when they are both plugged in, I lose the picture on one of them. Also, when they are both plugged in, in my display preferences I see three monitors and am able to arrange them however I like (I prefer the VISO above iMac monitor and Samsung to the left), but I still can't get a working picture from both at the same time. Also the Samsung flickers when both are plugged in. Is there not enough power/data to run both monitors simultaneously?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« X Joybox 10 | iMac peripheral options »