New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Other Hardware and Peripherals Other Apple systems and peripherals discussion.

Help using CampTune

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Paramecium302

Paramecium302 is on a distinguished road

Hello folks. New around here, and can't say I will be around here much. See I fell into that one "problem" we all get. You know the one. You scour the internet for 5 hours and come to realize that apparently, you are the first person in the galaxy to experience this problem.

But I digress, the question I have regards the Boot Camp program CampTune. I have a 15 inch MacBook Pro. I have had it since 2009. She's served me well.

I have run Bootcamp on it and have Windows 7 64-bit installed on the other side. Now, it's safe to assume that since I have CampTune, I want to re-partition the drives. So, I went for it.

Everything was going smooth until I got some error regarded crossed-files or something. So the program was aborted mid-repartition. I knew it would be a problem. I heard that this could be fixed by "fixing permissions" or something like that, so I did that and everything was holly jolly.

However when I ran CampTune again, I encountered something odd: I had three partitions.

One partition was for Mac. The other was for Windows. The third was titled "free". I am assuming this means that it is 80 something gig of nothingness. I couldn't click anywhere to tell it to be part of windows, or even part of mac. So it's just kinda there.

THE QUESTION:
Anybody know how to fix this? I would like to avoid consolidating the hard drives, re-boot camping and reinstalling everything if I can. I mean, that's why I got CampTune in the first place - to avoid just that.

Any help would be very very appreciated.

Thanks folks.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Picture of the Partition tab of Disk Utility would be helpful.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Paramecium302

Paramecium302 is on a distinguished road

Yes sir:

See the nothingness?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MBP 8GB+2GB existing =10GB RAM? Is it safe? | Airport Extreme vs New Sky Router »